Chapter 45

|Nikita|

Dear Virat,

I did it! I can't believe but i did it without you! How difficult it was for me to do this when you were not there to hold my hand when i was screaming in pain. The moment when doctors were telling me to push with all my strength i wish you were there to calm me down. But atlast it's all over now.

Naira is here. Our daughter Virat! You know what looking at her face makes me forget all the pain i had gone through in this one year. She came as a ray of hope in my life when i almost had given up on living. Earlier i was just surviving but for her i am living.

You are a father Virat! Yes you are! Trust me all i want to do is scream this aloud until it reaches to your ears. Our 3 month angel is lying right next to me curled up like a ball and whenever i look at her it reminds me of the times we spent in each other's arms. Every step you took back burnt an inch of my soul, i was descending bit by bit when you let go. Only if you knew what burnt my heart; you would have stayed and never been apart.

I miss you! I know i have said it more than a thousand times still it won't be enough. I wish you were here to see her face first. I am scared Virat! What will i say when she'll grow up and ask me 'Where's my father?'. She is the one who still awakes the hope in me that you'll come and hopefully everything would be fine! I wish! I wish Virat! A year had passed missing you like this Virat!

Another day. Another draft.

It was after Naira came that i wrote something.

One year! One year without him.

Nothing in this world can compare to the amount of how much i missed him. I could feel it in my bones; i missed him. Only if i could do anything.

It's been 3 months i was back from hospital with my daughter Naira. Anusha being a true friend was the only one stuck by my side through all this. Maa insisted to come but i stopped her. I knew i would be weak if she were here. How badly i wished only if Virat could see her, hold her, spoil her by giving all she ever wanted.

I looked at Naira kissing her forehead. She was too little. Thinking what it would be like when she'll call me mummy, when she'll walk all by herself gave me goosebumps every time.

"Niki!" Anusha came hugging me from behind.

I had become all emotional.

"I don't know what i would have done if you weren't here!" I wiped off my tears.

"Now forget all this! And see naira! She is you! Your future your everything! She is so cutee niki!" She kissed her cheeks.

Her eyes were copy of Virat. Her every move reminded me of him.

"What will i say her anusha! Who's her father? Where's he?" The only thing that bothered me since she came in this world, in my life.

"Time heals everything niks!" She replied.

I didn't wanted to heal from his memories ever.

"May be!" I lied.

How could i heal from someone i loved from all my heart? When someone hurt you it doesn't mean you'll stop loving them. Sometimes some things are just meant to happen. Mistakes happen and some times it leads to that phase where coming back is a little more difficult. But i couldn't lose hope. Losing hope meant losing him; which i can't afford ever.

"You stay here with naira! I'll just make breakfast!" I stood up from bed kissing her once again.

She was my life now.