Chapter 36

| Writer's POV|

Weeks passed by and Virat and Nikita never contacted each other but do they really wanted this? Ofcorse not! No one ever imagined that one misunderstanding will lead to that much extent that now it was almost impossible to make Virat realise that he was on wrong track on blaming Nikita for everything. Whereas it wasn't like Nikita was living with peace, she had his child. Being the top model of the country and now to at that stage where she was hiding in her own home for the sake of child's birth was really not easy. Media was leaving no stone unturned in finding the reason behind Nikita's step back from every project and shoot of hers whereas she was trying hard to not let this news out. Both were suffering at their own places differently. Neither Virat could live without her nor she could ever think her life without him but destiny came in between bringing the challenges for them. It wasn't like Virat wanted this he too was dying each day thinking about her but he was stick at his wrong decision.

Virat was at his pre match conference before heading for the next tour.

"Are you happy with the team selection as most of the experienced players have taken rest?" One of the reporter asked him.

"Everyone's body demand rest and they should take it when they feel. Ofcorse am happy with teammates. This is the time where new players get a chance to show their skills and talent" He replied smartly.

"Sir? We haven't seen you with your lady luck since long? Any specific reason behind it" That's it he asked that one question Virat was least interested in listening.

The hatred has came at that point where he was not even ready to listen her name. All he wanted to do was bash that reporter right there without even caring how wrongly it would affect his image.

His eyes filled with anger at the question as he clenched his fists under the table and was about to curse that reporter when Rohit holded his hand asking him to calm down coz at that time only he knew the valid reason behind this kind of behaviour of him.

"No personal questions please!" Thankfully Rohit handled the situation just like everytime.

Soon the press conference got over and they were about to leave when Rohit stopped Virat handing him the newspapers.

"What?" Virat asked with a confused look.

"I know you don't want to listen it but look at these headlines , Nikita rejected that project and she has not worked in a single shoot or event. Dude i think it's something serious." He said with a concerned voice.

Virat looked at the news with thousand of questions running in his mind eating him alive. He was not able to figure out why suddenly she got vanished from everything. Coz according to him she wanted to be in that project then why she wasn't doing it? Little did he knew the major reason behind it.

"I don't know what's on her mind. May be it's just publicity stunt. Moreover I need to concentrate on our tour Ro! You know my anger i don't want it to affect my matches. And Hardik is too joining us finally i'll be able to tell him every fucking thing" He gritted his teeth in anger.

"I know Virat! Just relax everything will be fine!" Rohit hugged him realising if he didn't took his side then he might lose his own self.

No matter how much he was hating her but at the same time her thoughts were bringing back all the memories they had. He missed her every second of his life but never admitted.

On the other hand Nikita's mom and brother arrived at her place. She was too scared to hide this thing from her knowing that mom's have a sixth sense. They could easily read your mind. No doubt her mom and brother easily noticed the change in her behaviour when they just entered her home.

"Maaa!!!" Nikita chirped in excitment and hugged her mom.

"I missed you so much niki" Tears fell down from her eyes as she holded her daughter's face after such a long time.

"Heyy! Baby sis!" Arjun her brother was about to punch her stomach.

"Careful!" She gasped stopping him in between making him confused.

Her brother was meeting her after so long and this kind of behaviour wasn't expected. They always fought like little kids whenever they met but this time it was different.

"Kya yaar?" He scoffed.

"We are not kids bhai! C'mon gimme a hug now!" She hugged him tightly taking a deep breath and thinking about how long will she be able to hide her pregnancy from them.

They met Anusha who was living with niki only to take care of her.

"So how's everything going?" Arjun asked as they settled themselves on the couch.

"Great!" She fake smiled fidgeting with her fingers in nervousness.

"How's dad?" She asked changing the topic.

"He also wanted to come here but had some important work" Her mother replied noticing that something was bothering her daughter.

"Niki! Are you hiding something?" She asked pulling up her face to make an eye contact.

"What? No maa! Am just sleepy! You too would be tired na so go and just sleep we'll talk tomorrow peacefully!" She quickly said as it was already 12 in midnight.

They agreed and moved to their rooms and she took a sigh a relief that atleast this night would pass without any trouble.

"Anu!! This is not gonna be easy!" Nikita said as she came in her room.

"I told you Niks! You only took this stupid decision of giving birth!" She crossed her arms.

"This isn't stupid Anu! If i would have aborted this child then i swear i would have been dying each day in regret of doing this to my own blood!" I said lying on bed and looking up at the wall.

"And now? Don't you miss Virat?" She turned towards her side.

"This question don't even need an answer." She closed her eyes as a lone tear escaped from her eye.

With each passing day situations were only getting tougher than before. The only thing she was residing upon was the hope, the trust that love can't be so cruel to her. Whereas he was all unaware of the problems she was handling without him. Will he ever get to know about his own child? It was still a question running in her mind every single day.

So back with an update!
I don't know these days i am not getting any major motivation to write. Neither am feeling like writing anymore nor am satisfied with what i write.
I even thought of putting this book down but something stopped me.
I hope i am able to deliver something good.
Due to continuous poking of ChitraVeena and Mehak43 i updated! And ofcorse kohlivanshika is one of the reasons coz she won't let me live otherwise!😂