Chapter Twenty Seven

A/N: This is May telling the story of the two brothers. Double update guys! Sorry for the wait just wanted to get some good sized chapter in here, and don't forget to comment and vote because i really do enjoy every single one of your comments i keep every single one in my inbox. Thanks again.

Enjoy.

"Long ago there was a kingdom like none other, one that was prosperous and kind, ruled by two kings. Brothers William, and Marcus. It wasn't normal to have two kings, it was unconventional, every other kingdom thought in a few years one would try to kill the other one to gain more power, but that never happened. In fact the brothers always balanced each other out and helped one another. People of other kingdoms were jealous of the brothers civility towards each other and plotted to destroy them. So, one of the neighboring kingdoms was so jealous of their wealth and happiness he had called upon a witch, the nastiest,and most cunning of them all. Her name was Marigold, she was about eighty years of age with weathered hands. Dark magic followed through her powering her and eating her alive from the inside out. Well jealous king told Marigold to disband the brothers for eternity to make them hate each other like the moon and the sun taking they're precious kingdom down with them.

 Marigold agreed getting paid handsomely for it, and when she walked out of that castle she began to plot out her plan. One day while William and Marcus were on a hunting trip and they saw two women both were the women of each of the brother's dream. As Marcus and William got closer to them they started to run away intentionally splitting up the brothers and taking them deeper into the woods. Where dark forces lurk in the shadows as night started to fall. William and Marcus split up trying to follow the two intriguing women, but as soon as the women had separated them. They stopped and turned to face the brothers. Each one dismounted they're horses and walked toward the women. Not knowing what despicable evil lurked behind they're fair faces.

Once William and Marcus got close enough the women revealed they're true form the women Marcus had followed her teeth and sharpened to that of an animal and she lunged at him snipping at his neck. Marcus tried to fight her off but the creature was much to strong for him so he fell to the ground and was ravaged by the creature. It tore him apart leaving his head hanging on his neck by only a thread, and when the savage beast was done it shifted to it's full form a bat, and flew off in the night sky.Returning to it's master.

Marcus's women had him cornered and when he reached for him she bit him, he recoiled in pain and watched in horror as the beautiful maiden of his dreams. Shifted into a wolf. He watched as her bones snapped, her arms wretched, and her neck snapped back into it's proper place. He watched as her canines snarled at him, and her black eyes glinted in the moonlight. William tried  to flew for the beast but it was too late the animal jumped him just as Marcus's creature did to him. He tried fighting it but the beast wrenched off his arm causing blood to spray every where. The wolf mangled William till he was almost a hunk of flesh. When the animal finished with William it left him starring at the moon with his final breath as Marcus did the same.

In the distance Marigold chanted. "As these two brothers lie dying starring at the mother moon let them grow in internal hatred for humanity and for each other. Two brothers one bit by wolf one by bat. Let them become the monsters they were always meant to be. Fill they're hearts with darkness. and let them be blinded by they're primal animal instinct to kill." As  William took his-" May cut off and looked at me.

"Tara are you sure you want me to continue? This is the part that we don't really tell children only that they shifted into they're permanent forms, and you also have to remember that this was the dark ages."

"No please continue May, i need to know everything about who i am now. Please i beg you continue."

"Alright Tara. Lily are you alright with this?"

Lily leaned her head into Lucian's shoulder and nodded. "I have no right to take away the knowledge of Tara's origin. She is one of us now and she deserves the same knowledge we possess."

"Thank you Lily." I said quietly, she nodded.

May quietly cleared her throat and continued. "Now As William and Marcus took their last breaths they starred at the big, and full moon, and just as the witch casted the spell. Both brothers felt they're transitions Marcus gasped awake feeling the pain of his head almost being sew back onto his neck, his vision blackened and he couldn't see anything. His eyes were darker than a demons, Marcus screamed in agony as his fangs splited his gums. He looked down at his hands they were filled with blood from his gums.

Marcus was lucky because William had it ten times worse then he ever did. William watched as his arm moved and sewed itself back onto his shoulder then when everything was healed he stood up only to be knocked down by the blunt force of his bones breaking all over again shifting into the form of a wolf. He watched in complete horror as claws sprung from his fingernails and fur sprouted everywhere he looked. His mind had gone blank letting the animal now inside of him take over.

The brothers both new in they're very own transitions smelt the scent of humans near by, and just like the witch casted they ignored all reason and followed the scent. When they reached the village they left no one alive. They tore apart the villagers, women, children, and men. Leaving nothing in their waking. They practically bathed in all the blood they shed.

The next morning however William found himself to turn back to man only to find himself completely naked in the middle of nowhere. Remembering everything he had done that night, and hating himself for it. almost to the point of where he wanted to take own life. But Marcus was a different story, William transformed back to his self but Marcus did not. He looked at his reflection in a nearby lake, and  traced over his new fangs in complete shock but unlike William Marcus didn't regret anything of what he had done. In fact he rather enjoyed it.

As years went on the brothers never returned back to their kingdom. So it fell prey onto other kingdoms attacks. William  throughout the years learned to control the animal with thin him, and soon he met a woman he loved him for everything he was. She was mortal of course but they're first born son wasn't. He was horrified to see that the curse had been passed on to his kin. But he trained his son too in the art of self control.

Marcus led a different path though. Humans can be turned into werewolves of course. Your living proof Tara. But it's much harder to do than vampirism. Humans can fight off the vampire gene as well as the werewolf gene. But the werewolf only takes one bite. The vampire takes three bites ensuring it's victim an immortal life. Marcus led a life of torture and pain. He created many other followers who even admired and demanded to be immortal like Marcus. He was once again powerful unlike William who was a secluded farmer in the north they're paths never crossed once until the day Marcus killed his wife thus enacting the war."

"Oh my God how horrible! Marcus killed his own brother's wife how could he do such a thing, and since vampires are immortal where is he now?"

"Marcus's reckless actions always had consequences he just never knew how those consequences would pan out.When William heard about the attack on his wife he grew mad with rage and sought out his brother and his evil hoard of vampires. His son was old enough at the time to finally go into battle with him to avenge his mother. William and his son took out Marcus and half of his followers some escaping to other parts of the world trying to spread on the disease of vampires. The war ended with Marcus's death until the spawn of the devil himself was unleashed onto the world. Who you might know as Dorian Lioncourt. That's when it started up again and that's the battle we've been fighting ever since."

I felt so enlightened now that i knew everything how it all started. All that blood shed over a jealous king it was ridiculous. Romulus got up and held his hand out to me.

"Now you know the origin of our people. It's time for you to know how to fight like our people."