Chapter Thirty Nine

#Wattys2014
*Message from 2016*
Here's how I imagined both Romulus and Dorian fighting in their full forms

#Wattys2014*Message from 2016*Here's how I imagined both Romulus and Dorian fighting in their full forms

******

"No."

"Oh yes. Sick her servant of the night."

Romulus starting slowly walked his way towards me ink black eyes starring right at me with determination to serve his master and be free of this curse, but blinded by the actual cost of his freedom.

"Romulus please listen to me." I put my hands up in front of me as a form of surrender but he just growled and showed his shiny white teeth pacing in a small circle around me. "Listen to me. I'm Tara remember me? You love me!"

The wolf growled louder and Dorian just laughed "This ought to be good." He replied. Looked at him sharply and took a step in his direction. Romulus jumped closer to me he was about a foot away from me. Dorian laughed again as I faced Romulus.

"Please. Don't do this. I know you understand somewhere deep down inside. You know it's me. Your mate, your wife, the mother of your child!" Tears pricked my eyes but I refused to cry for Dorian's enjoyment. The wolf's ears perked at my last word.

"Yes! That's right! I'm with child your child please Romulus. Look!" I pulled out the blue baby sock from my pocket. "You know what this means! We're going to have a baby. A baby that we made from the deep, passionate love we both share for each other. So please Romulus." I dropped to my knees for the wolf. "Please come back to me."

"Fucking whore! Finish her dog! Now! Or I swear to God I’ll have your head mounted on that wall as well!" Dorian shouted and Romulus just looked to Dorian then back to me. I looked at the wolf dead in the eyes and saw they had his same deep green in the very center of the pit of black.

Suddenly the wolf jerked away from me uncontrollably having a spasm on the floor breaking its bones and biting at its arms.

"What did you do?!" Dorian shouted and started to come towards me that's when I blew on the whistle with all the air in my lungs that I could manage. Signaling the wolves to come bursting in and in that spilt second that Dorian strode across the room to me they did exactly that.

The wolves bursted in some in human form others in wolf, they forced their way into the castle fighting off the swarms of vampires that were now jumping from the top of the balconies. And on top of the wolves yanking at their fur some even napping the wolves’ necks. I cringed at each sight of it but I didn't have long before Dorian had smacked me so hard it sent me across the room.

I looked to the side of me and saw a vampire having its limbs torn out by two wolves.

"You bitch you ruin everything! Everything was so perfect, I gained a witch’s power and I had your precious mate to kill you with. Then you say that you’re with child! You whore. I knew you would throw yourself at him the first chance you got." Dorian strode back over to me and I quickly wiped the blood off of my lips and stood up chest held out high against the nightmare that's haunted me from day one.

I managed to sneak a look over at Romulus who was starting to turn back into human form the hair all over his body was starting to disappear.

"Why can't you face it Dorian you've lost! It's time for your reign to end!" I shouted at Dorian past the fighting that was going on in the background of our final stand.

Dorian stopped in his tracks and looked around at his surroundings the wolves were winning and they would always win no matter the size of his army and for a moment I thought he was ready to admit it was over but when he looked back at me, and he still had a sickening smile on his face.

"It's not over till I say it's over love." He looked back at Romulus who had just changed back human. Romulus was on his knees screaming from the pain of his transformation. Everything was normal, he was Romulus again only one thing remained.

The black in his eyes.

Then with four words Dorian swiped the love of my life away from me in a moment’s notice. Dorian shouted to Romulus "Crush your own heart."

I watched in pure agony as Romulus plunged his hand into his chest, and screamed. Looking down at his hand in his chest in horror. His hair drenched in sweat from his previous transformation.

"No!" I shouted. But before I could walk another inch towards Romulus.  Dorian swiftly with his vampire speed dragged me to a dank hallway and slammed me against the wall. I'm pretty sure he fracture my shoulder by the force he thrusted it to the wall.

"Oh did you actually think you would win with your dog still intact you bitch!" He spotted in my face. Tears slid down my face at the barely fresh image scarred across my subconscious of Romulus plunging his hand into his chest cavity, and squeezing his heart till it popped like balloon. Dorian looked at my drenched face and took his thumb and wiped one of my tears. Only to stick his thumb in his mouth in his sick way of savoring my pain. He sighed deeply looking at me dead in the eyes with his bright blue ones. "I know I’m done Tara. But if I’m going down I’m going to at least have my final meal." Dorian's fangs sprung out of his gums and he arranged his teeth to where they sat perfectly on my neck.

"Victory tastes swee-" Dorian couldn't finish his last words, because at that moment someone had torn his head from his shoulders,and spraying me with his blood. The sheer shock of the violent action made me hide my face in horror. As the "savior" threw the head somewhere down the hallway, or that's what i assumed as i heard the sickening thud of the head down the hall. Leaving the remains of Dorian's body to shudder and fall to the ground , letting his blood pool all around the body.

So much death, i couldn't even bare to look up at the person who had killed Dorian, knowing there was no point to look up anymore. when the one person i did look up to was gone from my life forvever leaving me in the remains of the war.

I looked under my lashes to find my savior's bloody hand outstretched.

"A thank you, would be a start little wolf." Romulus's deep voice chimed.