Chapter Thirty Four

The book is almost completely finished I just wanted to post this so you guys have something to look forward to.

Enjoy.

Romulus and I laid there for hours on end, and then I remembered another thing. I sat up from laying my head on his abdomen and looked up at him.

"What?" He smiled brightly.

"I have a surprise for you as well and trust me your going to love this." I got off the bed taking the sheets with me leaving Romulus completely naked on the bed laughing.

" Woman you still cover yourself from me."

"Just because you are my husband now doesn't mean I have to run around naked all the time. A lady must be modest, and conservative even around her husband." I walked excitedly towards the bathroom where I had been hiding a small little object in the cabinet.

I grabbed the small little blue knitted sock and held it close to my chest hoping that Romulus would be as excited as I was about the news i had only just realized a few days ago and th eonly people who knew was Lily, Martha, and May.

As i walked back to the bedroom I heard a fumble like something really big fell onto the floor.Suddenly  there was a loud scream coming from Romulus.  I quickly went into the bedroom to see what was wrong and i saw Romulus on the floor in the middle of the room hunched together in a small ball clutching himself.

" Oh my god Romulus what happened? " I ran to his side and dropped the sock.  I touched his back.  it was clammy with cold sweat , and felt slimy.

" Get away from me. " Romulus snarled.  "Stay back I don't know. What's happening to me. " he let out in a huff of a breathe.

" Romulus let me help you. "

" I said get back!" Romulus looked me in the eye and instead of his beautiful green eyes in their place was tar black eyes.

No pupil.

No iris. 

It was completely black. I jumped back in horror.

Romulus screamed again hunching himsellf on his palms looking like he was trying to bring himself up again but before he could fully get himslef up his back snapped, dropping him to the ground again. His arms snapped like twigs forcing themselves in a sharp arch form.

"Romulus are you shifting?" I asked worriedly trying to carefully inch closer to him. To comfort him.

"I- don't - know. " He said through a ragged breathe "Tara."

"I'm here." I said getting closer to his body.

"You need to leave now. I can't control my shift so who's to say i can control my wolf."

"Romulus I'm not leaving you."

His back snappped again into an higher arch. "Tara please!" He said grinding his teeth through his the immense pain. I stopped and watched i couldn't just leave him when god only knows what's happening to him.

"Go!" The coarse animal hair was starting  to grow through his human skin and he snarled at me. I ran to the bathroom and closed the door. Carefully pressing my ear to the door to listen and see if he wanted my help. But all i listened to was the soft sobs coming from Romulus as another snap raked his body.

 Romulus let out one more human voice then it was silence.

Complete silence.

"Romulus?" I said quietly hearing nothing but soft breathing. I cracked open the door to reveal a giant black wolf standing in the middle of the room with ink black mist flowing around the room, and a tall figure cloaked standing behind the wolf.

"Hello Love." The dark figure smiled and it was as if I was in one of my dreams.

One of my nightmares.