Chapter Thirty Five

A/N: okay guys I'm going to enter into the Wattys! #Wattys2014

"Hello Love."

I didn't even have to see his face to know exactly who it was.

Dorian.

I felt like my knees were going to give way from the pure petrifying fear running through my body.

“How?" I choked out.

His glistening white teeth shone through the darkness of the room.

“Everyone knows when you eat a witch's heart you gain her power. And that one was starting to rebel."

Agatha. Glad to know that she wasn't all bad. Even when she did force me on the alter to be turned into a vampire.

“But why? Why come back now!" Dorian seemed to fly across the room and he grabbed me by the throat pushing me against the wall lifting me up so my toes just barely scraped the carpet floor. I gagged as he held my throat, and put both of my hands on his wrist trying to pull it away from my throat.

His fingers dug into my throat.

“You want to know why?" He snarled sounding offended that I didn't know what his dastardly plan was. He leaned closer to my face and whispered in my ear still cutting off my air.

“Because my darling Yvette runaways don't get happy endings."

He let go of my throat, immediately dropping me to the ground. I inhaled as much air as I could manage gasping for more.

"Then why take Romulus?" I shouted through my desperation for air.

"What? The Mutt?" He smiled cocking his head to the side a little where Romulus stood on all fours growling at me. Dorian smiled.

"Because I knew I couldn't get you without getting to him first. And I thought why not kill two birds with the others mate."

“How? How did you do it? Take control of him."

Dorian slowly walked in a small circle "Weddings are so under protected these days. I simply had someone slip in, and drug one of the glass. It was only a lucky shot that they got Romulus's glass. But don't worry." He smirked. "Your precious wolf will go back to normal as soon as he completes his mission."

"What mission?" I replied cautiously.

“The mission that requires tearing your throat out with his own teeth. So that he can hold your dead body in his arms and with a little persuasion he'll kill himself off to be with his love to wherever werewolves go when they die. Thus two wolves dead with one set of teeth."

Suddenly in a flash Dorian lifted his foot and kicked Romulus in the side, the wolf whimpered only a little but not enough to show his master weakness. Dorian kicked the wolf again, bones cracked under his powerful kicks. The wolf growled with ferocious anger bit still didn't snap at Dorian. Letting his frustration, and anger grow.

"Stop it! You're hurting him!" I shouted.

"Oh this is nothing to what comes next." Dorian let out a loud whistle and Romulus's black eyes widened, and without a moment’s hesitation Romulus sprang on me teeth out, ready to slice my throat. He knocked me back down on the ground again. I held my arms up holding his snapping jaw away from my face.

I struggled trying to keep the wolf away from my face, Romulus's weight in wolf form was four times as much as mine. I didn't want to hurt him but I knew I would die here and now if I didn't do anything to protect myself.

I positioned my legs underneath the wolf and kicked up. Sending the wolf out just enough to let me escape and make my way to the bathroom door. Shutting it and locking it behind me.

The door banged against my back as Romulus tried breaking through the door. I heard his claws scrape the door. I pushed with all my might trying to keep him back. But when the door started to give way I heard that whistle again. A deep voice spoke.

"You know where we'll be. If you won't to actually stand up for yourself Yvette." Then there was no voice coming from the bedroom I cautiously opened the bathroom door and saw no one.

The breaking of dawn illuminated every corner of the room showing the mess of the impact of Dorian's surprise appearance.

The bedroom doors swung open with urgency and in came three guards, Lucian, Macarthur, and a couple more people I couldn't remember at this time.

"Tara? What happened here?" Lucian said cautiously.

I ran to Lucian wrapping my arms around him. Trying to hide the tears in his chest.

"It was Dorian. He got. Romulus." I choked out.

"What? How?"

I let go of Lucian and looked him in the eye, quickly wiping the tears away.

"I don't know I didn't have the time to ask him as he was choking me to death and he sicked Romulus on me like some trained dog."

"Tara I don't understand. How could he even do that? Dorian doesn't have that kind of power."

“Well he does now! Alright!" I pushed away from Lucian and pulled on my hair trying to wrap myself around this situation.

Trying to figure out a game plan on how to get the love of my life back from some sick twisted psychopath whose hell bent on killing me and ruining anything good in my life.

I looked at the bed to where Romulus and I were laying together. I covered my hands over my mouth to see the pillow where I laid my head was now torn to bits.

He could have killed me right there. Right as I was laying right next to him.

I gently touched the torn side of the bed. Feathers and the cotton from the mattress ruffled underneath my fingertips.

“Lass." Macarthur said gently disrupting me from my thoughts.

"What are we to do?"

I looked away from where my possible murder would have taken place and looked at Macarthur no sentiment in my eyes, only seer determination now.

"We kill the bastard."