Chapter Thirty Six

#Wattys2014 

 “Alright I'm up for a good vampire hunt." Macarthur shouted and cracked his knuckles indicating that he was ready to go finally finish off the bastard once and for all, and for the moment I was too. Lucian grabbed my arm and looked down at me.

"Tara. We can't just rush into this without a game plan." Lucian said wisely.

I knew he was right but I didn't want him to be. Because that meant days, maybe weeks without Romulus. Not knowing what's happening to him or what Dorian has planned up his sleeve, and I just can't handle that.

I sighed. "You're right Lucian we do need a plan, and it's going to have to be a damn good one."

"I’ll start gathering the troops while you go and get something on, that's a little bit more battle worthy." Macarthur said looking down at the ripped and bloody sheet I still had on, trying not to look any longer than he needs to.

"Alright. I'll be out in a minute." I stated. Lucian, MacArthur, and the guards left but I could hear them outside the door waiting for another attack. I dropped the sheet and rummaged for my riding pants, and slipped them on. Then I looked to Romulus's wardrobe I quickly walked over to the polished oak doors and threw them open. I was immediately hit with the strong scent of musk, and Eucalyptus that was all over his clothing.  I grabbed one of his white shirts and threw it on inhaling the scent of him again. Trying to focus on getting him back and not breaking down in front of everyone. I hastily put on boots and immediately walked outside the big double doors of the bedroom. I turned around and looked at the trashed bedroom one more time.

"I will come for you." I mumbled to myself and closed the doors and walked with the guard outside of my door to the grand staircase where everyone was standing in wait.

All of the male guests at the wedding ere there looking up to me; their new leader. They stood there in wait for their orders from me. I looked to the side of where I was standing and saw MacArthur and Lucian standing there, chest out and ready for instructions. I also saw May, but other than her I was the only other woman in the room. May looked her strongest in that moment she didn’t look like the gentle woman who helped me with my transition into a werewolf. She looked like a warrior, and that’s what I needed to be.

I looked amongst the men and spoke not even sure if it was actually my voice at all. “Alpha Romulus has been captured.” Grabbing onto the railing of the staircase to steady myself from the punch of my own words. The whole room seemed to have taken a deep breathe to brace myself for the rest of my words. “It was Dorian, I don’t know how he did it but he has gotten ahold of some very powerful magic. He is at his highest power now. But the bigger they are the harder they fall, we don’t know the outcome of Romulus’s situation yet. All we know is that he is captured, and Dorian may use this vulnerability as means to attack our pack. ” One of the men in the crowd spoke. “Tara what if Romulus has been murdered what shall we do?”