Chapter Thirty Eight

#Wattys2014 

We slowed to a steady walk and I jumped off of Lucian's back to walk next to him as we hid behind the trees. I never thought in my whole imagination that I would ever have to see place again. Just seeing its dark stoned walls gave me shivers as I stood behind the safety of the trees thinking of all the horrid things that had happened here.

The men all gathered behind me and hid from sight as Dorian had guards patrolling the area nearby.

He's waiting for me.

I can feel deep in my entirety, he's waiting just beyond those doors. Taunting me with the love of my life. My husband, and mate. Lucian had shifted back to human form so did the rest of the men leaving them exposed entirely to everyone around them, before I had met Romulus I would have shied away from such exposure to naked men, but this is not the time to be shying away. These men aren't after me in any sexual way they are warriors, and today they stand with me on one common enemy.

Dorian.

Lucian looked towards me and wrapped his arm around to show me comfort, Lily must have told him everything that had happened while I was in there. The beatings, the saliva, and of Dorian forcing himself on me.

"It's time Tara. Are you sure you're ready for this?"

I looked to Lucian and to the rest of the men who stretched far back into the thick forest. "I've been surer of anything in my life Lucian. I'm ready to bring him home."

Lucian nodded and put a small wood carved whistle around my neck and I tucked it underneath my shirt, before I headed outside the tree lining. I didn't know what I was going to say once I saw Dorian. I just want to know if Romulus is okay. Walking towards the castle is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do. This place just reeked of evil. 

 So many lives were lost in this one place. As I walked across the field towards the castle it was like I could feel the essence of all the wronged souls trapped in this place guiding me closer to the castle wanting me to finish it. To free them.  It's where Lily was made a servant and tortured into giving up the whereabouts of her beloved. It's where I was taken after my family was brutally murdered, and I was tortured soon after that. So Dorian could make me into his precious, and psychotic vampire queen, so he could crush Romulus by taking his mate away. It's also the place where Romulus bursted in and saved me from turning into a vampire, and now...

It's the place where everything ends.

Dorian's guards eventually spotted me as I made it half way across the field. I held my hands up in surrender.

"I'm here to give myself up for Dorian. My lord and master." The words sickened me as I said them but I had to hold back my bile to assure the guards of why I was here.

They looked at each other and smirked. "Well gad to know you've finally come around wolf." They both grabbed me by each arm and dragged me towards the castle. I looked back at the tree lining to see multiple pairs of glowing yellow eyes. They’re not going to like this I thought to myself.

The guards dragged me up the steps of the castle before they pushed open the giant doors of Dorian's castle and flung me inside. Making me fall on my knees in front of the way too familiar staircase where a familiarly sickening face stood. With a smirk sliced across his porcelain face.

"Hello Love. I knew you would return to me on your knees." Dorian laughed. Slowly descending the staircase until he was at the landing of the bottom set of stairs.

I looked around the castle which I remembered to be beautiful with its marble columns and clean floors, but now it's in ruins. There was rubble everywhere, apparently the wolves did quiet some damage while rescuing me. I looked around too see any other kind of life other than Dorian who was just standing there staring at me. But I didn't see anyone other than him

I know what you're thinking Yvette. That all the vampires were diminished when you’re wolves came here and tore them to pieces, and you’re right they did kill them all leaving only poor little me. All by myself, and in my lonely walk among the earth. I decided to make more."

I looked above me in the encircling balconies beyond the stairs to see hundreds of vampires peeking out over the edges, some came out of the shadows of the other rooms and were close by me. I stood my ground and gave them a loud growl too show them I’m just as powerful.

"Oh down doggie." Dorian laughed and descended the stairs coming closer to me. As he took a step towards me I took a step back. Because looking at his face made the scars on my back tingle with remembrance of the whip caressing them with its fine leather. But I knew I couldn’t cower anymore so I stood my ground and starred him in the eyes.

"Where is he?" I growled.

"I must say love I like you a bit more like this. You’re so strong and tough. Not the boring, and fragile human you once were." He walked around me looking me u and down. "And this new rough attitude you must be one hell of a beast in the sack now."

I slapped him across the face so hard I heard his nose crack' Where is he!"

The vampires around me got agitated and started to move towards me. But Dorian held up his hand to say no, and they backed down. Dorian reached for his noose and cracked it back on place and he sighed.

"Pity I knew you weren’t here to rekindle our old flame ad it’s such a shame Darling Yvette. Bring in the dog."

I looked to the right of me to see a vampire walking in with a giant black wolf walking gracefully by his side.

Why is he still in wolf form? Shouldn’t they have tortured him and dragged him out to face me all bloody and bruised.

"Yes he's been quiet the exceptional pet. Come Roman." Dorian smiled at me all knowingly as he used the nickname I only call Romulus as a means of summoning. Romulus walked towards Dorian and sat next to him like the obedient dog Dorian made him.

"See? Werewolves make great pets for any household, and their just as good at greeting rid of strays as well."

"What do you mean? I came here to offer my life against his."

"I figured that love, and it's just too boring an ending for me. Because you giving your life so Roman here can be free which inevitably leads him to trying to save you again thus killing me. I just didn't think it fit. So I knew you would give your life but I'm going to put little spin on your romantic gesture for true love. I told you Romulus could only be saved by the spilling go your blood. So you're going to give up your life but in a defend way you had in mind.