Cinderella Part 3

You could the tell the man was handsome. He seemed polite but you decided to stay on guard. You were still a minor. Legally you were not allowed to participate in the party.

"And I should tell you?" you ask.

"Because I asked."

"But don't you think this adds to the ambiance? Two strangers who don't know each other's face. Each other's names. Sets a mood doesn't it."

"Point taken, but I am still curious." You saw that the man was not going to let up.

"I'll tell you later in the evening."

"I am looking forward to it. My name is-"

"Tell me later in the evening." You say. You had no intentions on telling him your name. You had no intentions on learning his name either. You just simply wanted to have him leave you alone. You were planning on heading back soon but the man's presence made it impossible now.

You spend a good chunk of time talking to the man. He seemed to be like you in many aspects. You found it interesting that he wanted women in the kingdom to take a more active role in society. You were wavering on whether or not to tell him your name but decided against it. The women may be coming from all sorts family, but the men? All the men, judging by their clothes were of nobility. The man you were with was no different. You two would never see each other again after tonight.

Jonathan found himself enamored with you. The way you spoke with such confidence was a sign you were the kind of woman he was looking for. You had determination in your eyes and sense of justice which he admired. The crown prince had found someone he considers a potential bride. Now you were evading him by not saying your name or allowing him to say his own. Finally he grasped your hands and finally told his name.

"My name Jonathan Salmoore. I am the crown prince of this country. My father has been nagging me to get married and I never really wanted to, until I met you. I believe with you ruling by my side, we can be happy together. Your answer?" Your mind went blank. You didn't believe you ears. You were talking to the crown prince and what's more that he asks you to be his wife. You didn't want to get married. Not now at least. You wanted to travel for a few years before settling down and starting a family. Being married to the crown prince meant that you would be the queen eventually. This was something you were not prepared for.

The the clock strikes twelve snapping your mind back into place. You needed to leave. Now. Not because of the sudden proposal, but because you needed to get home before Madame Iris. It would take you thirty minutes to get to the shop to return the clothes and then just a little less than twenty five to make it back home. "I'm sorry." You say eyeing the clock. "I need to go." You break free from his grip and run. He begin chasing you.

"Please tell me your name!" he shouts as he chases you. You don't listen. As you run down the stairs, you lose one of the slippers. You were about to go get it but Jonathan was to close. You run all the way up to the wagon and get the horse moving. Jonathan was too late but he notices what the wagon says. Godmother's tailoring. He picks up the shoe and stares at your departing figure. He wasn't going to let you go that easily.

You make it all the way to the shop. You get into your original clothes and apologize for the missing sole. You explain why it went missing.

"Don't worry dear. You were in a rush and don't worry about the cost."

"Thank you." Just as you were about to leave you remember the desperate look Jonathan had on his face. "Also. If the crown prince comes here, please don't tell him you saw me. Don't tell him I was there please."

"You have my word."

"Thank you." You rush home and barely make it there before Madame Iris comes home. You see that she was angry. You can't help but ask what happened.

"The prince disappeared halfway. None of my girls were able to even greet him. I am sure they would of stolen his heart."

"A shame. I am pretty sure though Lily and Rose caught the eyes of a few gentlemen though."

"Doesn't matter if it isn't the prince." She said with sadness. "Unlike you, those two have nothing. I set up parties for them to make connections and yet everyone know that you are the one who is the most ideal candidate." you can see the worry in her eyes. It was true. Rose and Lily would have no money and they needed to marry rich if they were going to be taken care of. You then begin to realize why Madame Iris hates. Part of it was your personality no doubt but the other was that you had money to take care of yourself. They didn't have the money they needed to survive.

"I am going to take care of them." She looks at you surprised. "I know you hate me, but I promise, I won't leave you alone to suffer. I will make sure you will have money to take of yourselves. Rose and Lily are beautiful and sweet girls. Someone is bond to fall for one of them." Madame Iris turns her back and walks away. Before she walks out of the room she says.

"Thank you."