The Pied Piper Part 3 (End)

The village chief took you in shortly and you were living comfortably. You didn't cry when your father died but you didn't feel happy about it either. You felt nothing. You were playing with the kids when you saw Peter coming in his colorful clothes.

"Hello F/n." he says waving at you.

"Hello Peter." you reply. The kids runs up to him and start looking at his pipe.

"Can you play a song?" one asks. Peter nods and plays a few tunes for the children. They leave after hearing a few songs and you are left alone with Peter.

"What brings you here?" You ask him.

"I heard your father passed away. I wanted to see how you were doing."

"I'm doing fine." you reply. "Most of the villagers were telling me I should be happy he died."

"Are you?"

"No, but I am not sad either. He was my only relative, but he wasn't the best person. The way he was and the position he held in my heart cancels each other out. I don't really care that he is gone." you answer honestly.

"Well, he won't be hurting you tonight." Peter says gently. Peter for the next few days watches you play with children but he never joins in. He was seeing a different side of you and was satisfied watching you. Whenever he came to visit you, you would always be polite and courteous to him but you did maintain some distance. This he didn't like.

You were always so kind to everyone and you were more relaxed with the children and villagers. He wanted to fix this and so he moved to your village. Once again he was street performer who always managed to make ends meet miraculously. Even so you maintained distance.

The reason behind this was you didn't fully trust Peter. You didn't suspect him of being a truly bad person but something just felt off. He was always able to make enough money everyday to get by. Most street performers would be reduced to begging. The incident involving the rats had you thinking as well. You were grateful he got rid of the, but to be able to get them to drown by simply playing a tune on his pipe felt wrong. Since he moved to your village you couldn't outright avoid him. Instead, you always said you were busy whenever he was present

Peter realized very soon what you were doing and wasn't happy. He wanted you to be kind to him and to smile at him. He wanted you for himself. But you always spent your time with the children. They had to go. One night, a melody so faint was heard only by children. All of them left their homes to a house where they were all kept until further notice.

The villagers all went looking for the missing children. One child who was blind said he heard a tune that attracted him. You begin thinking of Peter. You head out in hope of finding the missing children. You had to go alone since no one really believed that a child could be spirited awat because of music.

Withing a few hours you found the children. You immediately take them back to the village. Halfway through you run into the man you didn't want to see. Peter.

"Hello F/n. I see you found the children." he says innocently.

"Why did you take them?" you ask standing protectively in front of them.

"They were getting in my way."

"Of what?"

"You. I see how you look at them. Such happiness. And then you look at me. I see the distrust in your eyes. You may act kind but you don't trust me one bit."

"You will be kicked out of the village for taking the children."

"Then I should get rid of the witnesses." he begins playing his pipe. The children as if possessed start walking towards the lake. Without thinking you hurl yourself at Peter causing you to topple him.

"Don't kill them." you beg.

"Then stay with me." you try to grab the pipe but he switched positions so you are under him. "Try and do that again, and the kids die." you stop fighting. "Good." he pets your hair lovingly. He helps you get up. "I'll send the kids back. You though will be staying with me."