Wild Swans Epilogue

Caleb didn't want you to leave, but it is better for you to have good impression than bad. The brothers thought of him as a good man who wanted to save you but couldn't. Your impending marriage to him was for certain with everything going on. You came from a fallen kingdom, but soon your family was going to be restored.

It would take a while, but he could wait.He had some business of his own anyway. The servants. The ones who accused you of being a witch. His blood boiled thinking that they would be working here. If you were going to be living with them, they needed to go. He decided to have a small hunting party. He ordered those servants who accused you to be brought along.

They thought they would watch their prince hunt a wild boar or deer. Oh how foolish they were. Dogs that hadn't been fed were unleashed upon those servants. They would run, but it was futile. Caleb watched them be teared a part by those dogs with a smile on his face. 

His father. The man who permitted your near death. He was so supported of the marriage but now disagreed when the rumors of being a witch surfaced. With it all being cleared away, the king was supportive again. Caleb didn't trust it would last long. 

"It has been a while since we had a drink together." 

"It sure has." Caleb says pouring some cups of wine. He hands his father a glass. "I really can't wait. F/n and I will be together soon." He watches his father take a sip.

"Ah. Yes. I really do owe the princess an apology. I shouldn't have been so swayed. Not a good trait for king."

"I know. Those kind of kings get killed easily." He watches his father drink a little more. "It is a shame that you won't live long enough to see the wedding, but sacrifices are needed in order to protect my happiness with her.

"What?" the king starts choking and soon drops to the ground dead. Within days, Caleb is crowned king. You soon are married to him, after your family is restored. Caleb was beyond kind to you but you've noticed that something was different. The servants looked at him with fear. Whenever you asked them or Caleb, they would be very vague.

You tried not to notice but it was hard to ignore the people who have 'disappeared' or 'quit' when they did something to you he was not pleased with. You suspected him doing something but didn't say a word. He loved and cared for you. He made sure you were always safe and protected. You were 'happy' with him. This is what you wanted. Right?

Okay so it has been a while since I have last written, so the writing might not be so stellar but I hope you guys enjoyed it. I would like to thank GianaxPapax . I know the storyline is quite different from what you presented, but it did serve major inspiration to me and I really am grateful that you suggested this story.

As for those who have stories they would like for me to write, please go to the I want your help chapter and write down the story and idea you have for it. I do not do the ones that simply state the title. (I would really like some help with the stories like Allerleirauh, brother and sister, and the frog prince)