Mulan Part 2

Your parents were devastated when they learned that you disappeared along with the parchment. He wanted to find you but by then it would be too late. As for you. You were too feminine. You tried styling yourself so you would look more masculine but it was not working out well. You hair perhaps? Your father had long hair but not as long as yours. Perhaps cutting it would help. You cut your hair so it reaches just a little past your shoulders and tie it up. You looked a lot more like a man who was just a little feminine.

You managed to make it to the camp where you see different men from different villages. Some look scrawny while others look intimidating. You had the parchment to a person and enlist yourself under the name of  Hua Bai Zan (i went to a name generator for this. don't hate me plez)

You were sitting alone when a man came in front of you. You recognized him. He was from your village.

"I don't recall Hua Zhou (I'm using this name from the disney mulan minus the Fa part) having an older son. His oldest was a woman." You look at him squarely. He was a year younger than you last you recall. 

"I was sent away to live with my uncle. I returned two nights ago and I come here for my father." you lie. You were worried that if you were caught, you would die. He was going to ask you more when you captain came forward. He had an imposing presence and the atmosphere dimmed. 

"In line." he order and you all follow suit. "I am tasked with making sure you all are ready to fight." he says. "You will address me as Captain Cai. Everyone find a partner. Sparing matches to determine who is the strongest of you lot." Everyone found a partner and you were forced to be paired with the man who interrogated you earlier.

The people who won would go against other winners. You were one of them. You were determined to make sure no one suspected you of being a woman and if by being the strongest helped that, you were determined to win. You were faced with the final person. You had to win. You were tired but you were determined. You fought and won. Captain Cai looked at you. He wasn't smiling but he had the look of approval. 

"You men can learn a thing or two from him." he states. "Time for conditioning." By the end of the day you were tired and sweaty. You waited for everyone to be finished bathing before you went in. This went on for two weeks. One night, you had just finished bathing and just finished but on your chest bind when you heard someone call out to you.

"Hua Bai Zan." Captain Cai