Rumpelstiltskin Part 3

When the guards came to get you in the morning, the man was gone and instead the room once filled with straw was completely filled with gold. The king summoned you once more.

"You might be able to leave within two days at this rate." The king says heartily. "A shame though. I was hoping to get acquainted with you."

"I am honored Your majesty." you say. Rupert looks at you with interest.

"Perhaps she can stay the two weeks even after she completes her task?" He suggests. You look to him wide eyed. He only smiles.

"Wonderful idea my son. Do you wish to stay the two weeks."

"For however long as you want me to." you say.

"Excellent." The king says. You could see Rupert smiling with relief. After that you wander the halls of the castle. You requested that the king keeps your "talent" a secret as you feared how the lie will spiral out of control if the wrong people hear about it. While walking Rupert comes up to you.

"Hello F/n."

"Hello Prince-"

"Rupert. You can call me Rupert."

"Would it not be rude though?"

"Only if I wasn't consenting."Rupert holds one of your hands. "You only been here two days and your fingers are so tense. You should relax a bit. I won't hurt you."

"It is hard to relax when a sword is being held over your head." you say quietly. The king may be pleased with you but you still had to complete one more room. The strange man also said you would need to pay him something for the second room. Until that room was filled with gold your life wasn't your own.

"You will be fine. As calm as you are, you don't seem like someone who would just give up." You turn to face Rupert. "In fact, you seem like you will fight for what you desire." You give a small smile. You spend the afternoon talking to Rupert. He talks about how he wants to make his country strong enough that no one would dare to start a war with it. He seemed so happy talking about his country. You too talk about your life in your village. You really do miss your father and hope that you will be reunited.

That night, you are waiting in the room full of straw. The strange man should be here by now. Alas he shows up. "Before I do anything, the price." He says walking up to you.

"I have nothing else that I can give."

"Not yet. What I want is something you can't give me yet."

"What is this thing that I cannot give yet?"

"Not thing no. More like a person. A human being." You stiffen up. "Your first born child is what I desire."

"What?" You are more confused than shocked. "Why my child. There is no guarantee I will have one."

"You will. I can promise you that. Also dearie, do you know why I want the child?" You shake your head no. "I am incapable of feeling love. I used to be able to but then I sold it way for my powers. I want to feel love again. It is why I took your ring and necklace. They were gifts from people you loved. I had hoped it allow to feel such emotions but it doesn't. But a child perhaps. Maybe I will learn to love once more." You didn't like what he said. 

"I need time." you said after thinking a while. 

"Very well then." The man disappears. In the morning instead of being surrounded by gold, you are surrounded by straw. You had two weeks to figure out your decision.