Rapunzel Part 1

Long ago, in a small village, there was a married couple who were now aging. The had no children but wanted a son desperately to watch over their farm. They found out that the wife was pregnant. They were overjoyed at the prospect of having children that the husband waited on his wife hand and foot. For years they have been trying but every single time it ended with either a still born or miscarriage. They were determined not to lose their child.

"My dear husband. Please will bring me some lettuce." she asks as she lays in bed. She was nearing her due date and was craving the leafy green.

"I am sorry my wife but we don't have any." he says sadly.

"What about the women next door. She has a magnificent garden filled with all sorts of greens."

"But she is a witch."

"Please my dear husband. I fear if I don't have the greens, our baby will die." The husband worried about his wife and their child agreed.

"Fine. I will get the lettuce." That night, the husband snuck into to garden to steal the lettuce. As he picked up one head of lettuce, he heard a shrill cry.

"What are you doing here?" he turned and saw the owner of the voice. The assumed witch Agatha. 

"Forgive me Agatha, but my wife is pregnant with our child. She said our child might not live if she does not eat some lettuce."

"Pregnant you say." the husband nods. "Very well. I will let you take as much lettuce or greens you desire, if you abide to my one request."

"Whatever you wish."

"If your wife bears a son, you shall raise him as your own. If a daughter, I will raise her as my own child." The husband, terrified, nods before departing. When he comes home he explains to his wife what happened.

"A son we will bear. I can feel it." his wife says. The husband nods at his wife's reassuring words. After weeks of the wife eating Agatha's vegetables she gives birth, not to one but two children. A son and a daughter. That day Agatha pays a visit.

"I see you have bore a son and daughter." The couple looks at Agatha. She walks up to the sleeping infants. "Did you name them."

"We named our son since you will take our daughter." the husband replies.

"I see. She will live in the village with the rest of you so fear not. Your daughter will be near." The couple smiles at this. They would not be separated from their daughter. Agatha named the baby F/n. At first the parents were happy that their other child was near but then they begin to ignore

F/n was brought up by Agatha, a woman known as a witch and therefore she was deemed the daughter of a witch. Not wanting to be associated, they prevented their son from ever seeing his own sister.

For year F/n was mistreated by those around her. It got so bad she couldn't leave the house.

"Why does everyone hate us Agatha?" a five year old F/n ask. "What did we do wrong?" Agatha holds the child close.

"It is something I did wrong my dear. Don't worry about it though. I will take you to place where no one will hate you. A place where no can hate you." That very night, Agatha takes the child and flees the village.