The Princess and the Pea Part 2

For the next few days, you were treated semi respectfully. The servants would bump into you in the halls and during meals you would be interrogated as to which utensil to use and why. You would answer them always but now you were getting annoyed. You had sent a letter in secret to your brother telling him about your whereabouts as you didn't believe this family would be nice enough to let you borrow the carriage. 

You knew something was up. They didn't seem to fully trust the fact you were a princess since you never actually made an official debut to society. Your father had also raised you and your siblings not to want much and learn to make do with what you have. Leon would always come to you and you acted courteously but even so you started to get irritated.

Leon was polite as well but he would constantly asks questions. It was becoming more and more clear they were questioning your lineage. Leon on the other hand wasn't aware that you suspected them and found you to be a very charming girl. He loved how you answered his questions honestly and remained polite. He liked you.

He went to his mother happily. "I believe she is a princess mother. I wish her to be my bride." The queen shakes her head.

"We have one more task my son. This girl probably is from a lower nobility. Besides the questions we asked, anyone can fib if they know enough. I have a thing, I know that will work no doubt to see if she is a princess." The queen had a servant put a pea under your bed. You weren't aware of this and didn't know it was there through out the whole night. The next day the queen asked about your sleep.

"I slept well thank you." the queen and Leon share a look. She then turns to you.

"Are you really a princess?" she finally asked you. You knew they suspected you and you started to get even more angry.

"Is this why you guys kept on interrogating me? Because you questioned my lineage?"

"You said you were the ninth daughter of Clerent. The only child who had yet to make an appearance. Your background is suspicious."

"I am a princess."you glare at the queen.

"If you really were a princess then you would of been able to feel the pea under your mattress." You scoff at that,

"Well excuse me if my father didn't raise me as a priss." you say in spite. Before the queen could say anything, a servant came in.

The first prince of Clerent is here. He said his youngest sister was here." the servant says. The queen and Leon look at you surprise and you walk out of the room to find your brother. When you see him you run up to him and give him a hug.

"Thank goodness you are okay F/n." your brother says. He then sees the queen and Leon.

"So you weren't lying about your lineage." The queen says.

"Which means we can get married." Leon says happily. You look at Leon with surprise before glaring.

"You really think I would actually want to marry into this family?" Before your brother can ask or even give thanks, you take your coachman and him out to go back home. It is there that you explain what happened.

"I see F/n, Don't blame them though. That family takes a lot of pride in their lineage. They were worried that they may not be able to continue that way." 

"Some family. The queen's son is so stupid."

"I worry for their country." your brother says. You arrive back home in Clerent unaware of what is going on in Aranis.