Red Riding Hood Part 3 (End)

The days passed by and you found yourself visiting your grandmother and Lazar more frequently. Your parents were getting much more worried as the number of deaths in the forest were increasing. All bodies recovered were heavily mutilated, clothes missing or in shambles. It was as if a wolf had done it.

Townsmen had went on hunts trying to find the alleged wolf but never found it. You were worried too but you were much more worried about your grandmother. You were with Lazar in the garden when he asked you a question.

"Do you ever consider getting married F/n?" you stop for a moment and turn to him.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Marriage F/n. By now you would be getting married right?" you put down your gardening tools.

"To be honest Lazar. I don't want to get married. Not yet at least. Someone must take care of grandmother and until she takes her dying breath, I won't get married." you never told this to anyone as you feared that they might hurt her. You trusted Lazar as he seemed happy with her.

"Well congratulations to the man who has the patience for it." he says jokingly. You laugh along with him and leave around the afternoon. You and Lazar had been growing close and enjoyed his company. Lazar grew to be very fond of you. You had just left the cottage.

Lazar was cooking dinner for your grandmother when she asks him a question.

"Do you like my dear F/n?"

"I do." he says smiling. When he turns to face her, he sees that she is not smiling. 

"Lazar. I am sorry, but I need you to leave."

You were halfway home when you realized that you forgot you basket. Surely if you ran you would be able to get it before the sunset. You hurry over and when you open the door you cover your mouth. In front of you, your grandmother on the floor, mutilated with slashes that resembled on of a wolf. Her clothes are torn and Lazar is in front of her with a knife covered in blood.

You were paralyzed. The kind man you grew to care about had murdered your grandmother. You tried to step back quietly but he noticed. When he saw you the glare he had disappeared to a smile you were so accustomed to.

"Why are you here F/n? You were supposed to be back home."

"Y-you k-killed her." you whisper.

"She knew. She knew of all the deeds I have been doing. She knew that I was the alleged wolf of the woods."

"Why did you kill her then!? No one in town would have believed her. She can't even travel that far!"

"All but one F/n. You. You still visit her. You trust her. You would believe her when she told you I was responsible for the murders." he laughs dryly. "The old hag was smarter than I though. No wonder he died."

"What?" you wanted to run. You had to but the shock was too much for you.

"The wolf your grandmother encountered was never a wolf. It was a man. My great grandfather to be exact. He skinned the last living wolf of the forest and used it as a disguise when he went off murdering. Your grandmother got it the wrong way around. Instead of the wolf turning human, the human turned into a wolf."

"But she never killed him. The huntsman did."

"The huntsman heard her scream. She set the chain of reactions that led to his death. But I should be thanking her. It was because of what she did, you were born. My way of thanking her was going to be that I wouldn't kill her, but she found out." Lazar makes his way over to you. His hands are covered in blood. He gently rubs your cheek.

"Are you going to kill me too?"

"Oh no F/n. I love you. I am never ever going to kill you. Instead we will be together forever.