Little Mermaid Part 3 (End)

Atticus took you to the town an you really got to see human culture. There were kids playing games and people buying and selling. All of this fascinated you. As you looked at everything with such wonder, Atticus smiled and explained everything bit by bit. 

Towards the end of the day, Atticus noticed the sun setting. "F/n. We should go to the beach. The sunsets are the most beautiful there." At the mention of the beach you shook you head no. There would be chance of getting splashed with water. You didn't want to turn into sea foam. Atticus wondered why as he found you by the beach. Trauma perhaps? He pursued it no further and took you home.

When he arrived, both of you were both told that the king was back and that he requested and audience with you both. When you arrived, you saw a man who looked like Atticus but older and woman who looked to be around Atticus' age.

"So you are the lady found by the shore." the king says. "You can't speak?" you nod. "Do you have family?" you shake your head no. "I see. Lumeria " he says gesturing to the woman next to him. "And I heard about you. She said it would be rude to kick you out when you are faced with some setbacks, so she suggested that you will be her lady-in-waiting."

"Does that mean?" Atticus asked wide eyed. You turn to Atticus confused.

"Yes my son. Lumeria will be you wife soon." You felt and stabbing pain in your chest. You were a smart person. You were falling for Atticus. You knew this halfway through your date in the town.

"But why now. Why do I have to get married now?"

"She is a nice girl. I see no problem when it was suggested." Atticus stayed quiet. It was final. Atticus was going to marry Lumeria. Over the course of the next few days, Lumeria treated you kindly. She was polite and in turn also helped you write. She was a patient woman. Atticus on the other hand began treating you coldly. He would glare at you and ignore you in the halls. You weren't aware it was his way of trying to rid his feelings.

You still loved him but now it was getting painful. Watching the man you loved get married to someone else. You wanted to go back to the ocean. Marisol and Athene must be worried about you. But if you were to leave, you were given two options. To kill someone and soak your legs in there blood or turn into sea foam. You weren't fond of the latter. You didn't want to kill someone but the way you saw it, you had no choice.

You walk to the beach. You had a dagger with you. You were going to kill someone on this beach to be free. While you were walking you spotted someone lying down. Atticus. It was night time and he was sleeping on the shore. You hold the dagger in your hand. He treated you coldly since he found someone else. He was mean to you. You tried justifying your actions. As you were about to swing down on him you stopped. Tears were falling from your eyes. You couldn't kill him. You couldn't do it. You drop the dagger limply and look at the sleeping prince. 

You were never going to be able to kill someone. But you wouldn't have been able to survive with out your voice in the human world. They all relied on it. You look to the ocean. If you turned into sea foam, you wouldn't feel the pain anymore. With shaky steps you march towards the ocean with tear in your eyes. When you felt the water touch your feet, it burned and you wanted to scream but you had no voice. 

Atticus opened his eyes. He knew something was up. When he saw you in the ocean in pain he grabbed you and pull you away from it. Your feet were badly burned and you were crying. He carried you back to the castle to get treated. After getting taken cared of he asks,

"Why did the ocean hurt you? It burned your feet badly. Why?" He hands you a paper and a quill. You write down you reason. I was a mermaid who became human. I sold my voice for my legs. If I want to return to the ocean, I must kill someone and soak the legs in their blood. If I go to the ocean in my state now, I will turn to sea foam. 

The writing shocked Atticus. "You were mermaid?" you nod. "Why did you try and kill yourself? Why?" he said with tears forming. I didn't want to be here anymore. I didn't want to kill anyone so I had no choice but to do so.

"But why don't you want to be here anymore?" You are getting married to someone else. There is no hope for me elsewhere.

"I see." he says. "I will be back. I promise you." he walks out of the room. He goes to Lumeria's chambers. 

"What brings you here Atticus?" he says nothing but only brandishes a sword.