The Little Match Girl Part 2

When you woke up you were still wearing that man's jacket. It provided you a blanket and you were smiling warmly. You then look at the twenty you received from the man. You hold close to you. Maybe you could by some food first and then sell the matches. You pocket the matches you made and head on out to a cheap food stall and buy the provisions. As you are walking you notice a man huddled in a corner. You had change for the food you bought. The man's right arm was missing. You look down at the money you had and walk up to him and give it to him.

Perhaps what you did would bite you back but unlike the man you could work. Even if it wasn't a substantial amount, you still made something. While you are walking you notice a small wooden box in the alley. you open it and see that it is dry and clean. The box wasn't in too bad a shape so you put the matches inside and proceed to start selling.

You continue to try and sell what you can to the people. It becomes late in the night when a drunkard starts harassing you. You dealt with men like this before and was going to shoo him off when an hand grabs the man's arm. 

"I believe this lady isn't wanting your attention." It was the same man from yesterday. After the drunkard is dealt with he turns to you. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine."

"You shouldn't be staying out too late though. Men like that can do much worse."

"This isn't the first time. Besides, it is at night when I get most costumers." The man sighs and asks.

"How much?"

"Excuse me?"

"Your matches. How much?"

"Two cents a piece." he looks into the box and counts. You had ten in total. He takes out his wallet and gives you ten dollars. You look at the man strangely.

"My matches don't cost that much. Why are you giving me such a big amount."

"You won't be able to make a living selling matches at those prices." he looks at you and smiles. "You are still wearing my jacket." You look at yourself and say hastily.

"If you want it back I-"

"No its fine. You can keep it. Now I will take the matches but I want you to go back home immediately."

"Alright."

"My name is Marshal."

"F/n." Marshal takes your matches and you head home. For the next few days, he would find you at night and buy what matches you didn't sell sending you back home. You were able to buy food and soon was able to eat at least one meal a day. One day you wake up feeling dizzy. You still continue selling your matches. Night arrives and Marshal arrives.

When he notices your state, he puts a hand to your forehead. "F/n your burning up."

"Its fine." you say dazedly. "I'll just sleep it off. By tomorrow I will be up and good to go."

"Like hell you will. You need bed rest for at least two days." You stare at him wide eyed.

"If I do that, I won't be able to make matches to sell. I need to sell them." You are about to step away from him when you start having a dizzy spell. As you totter unsteady, you close your eyes and feel yourself falling. Before you hit the ground, Marshall catches you. As he looks at your face and see you shallowly breaths you are taking, he bring you home to treat you.