The Snow Queen Part 3 (End)

For years Winter would come to the village the day the snow fell. You would spend some time with him when free and you two became closer as friends. Today was an exciting day. Your brother was eighteen and thus was legally allowed to leave the orphanage. He had saved enough money and was able to bring you with him. You were so excited to tell Winter as now you would be able to spend more time with him.

You see waiting near the fountain and call out. When he sees you, he smiles.

"You will never guess what happen!" you say excited. "I am able to leave the orphanage now. My brother found us a small flat and we can live there now."

"I am so happy for you." Winter replies. You go on listing what you want to do at your new home and how excited you are knowing that you can spend more time with Winter. That night Winter was called back home.

"I see you have become rather attached to the village." The Snow Queen tells her son. "Even though you have practically mastered your powers, you still choose to stay."

"It isn't the village I am attached to mother. There is a girl."

"Oh?" This is interesting to the queen. Her son never showed much interest in anything or anyone besides the cold. Seeing that he was growing some form of attachment to another being amused her. "Who is the girl?"

"F/n." The queen knew who you were. You were the daughter of Kai and Gerda. They had died years before. 

"Does she know who you really are?"

"No."

"This won't work Winter. Her family was involved with our history."

"I can try. F/n is a nice girl. She will be accepting. I can feel it."

"She has a brother. A brother who wants to keep her protected from any harm." Winter has never met your brother before. He has always heard how you spoke of him. Winter looked very different from the people of the village. Your brother wouldn't like him very much. But he won't stop. He was going to see you every chance he got.

Your brother knew about Winter. He heard the talks of the boy with white hair.  He also knew you were meeting with him whenever you could. He suspected Winter was related to the Snow Queen. The woman who nearly spirited his father away. He was okay with it at first, but then your visits were getting longer and longer. One day you didn't come home until late at night.

"I don't want you seeing him anymore." your brother tells you firmly after you two fight.

"But-"

"F/n, it is clear as day he is related to the Snow Queen. You can't meet with him. He will spirit you away. You understand right?" You look down trying not to cry. Your brother brought up a good reason. You agree to what Kiel tells you and decide to say goodbye to Winter one last time.

The next day you come to the fountain and see that Winter has yet to come. (I dare one of you to say it) When he does show up, you plaster on a smile.

"You are here early." he says as he walks up to you. When he notices how fake your smile is he begins to worry. "What happen F/n." Knowing it would hurt more if you didn't say it now, you begin to talk.

"I... can't see you anymore."

"Why?"

"My brother doesn't trust you. He says you will take me away. I trust my brother, so this is goodbye." Before he can say anything you lightly kiss his lips before running. He turns around and shouts out to you.

"I will wait here everyday F/n! I will wait until you come back!" True to his word, he came everyday. You never showed up. The seasons were changing and the years rolled by. You missed him but you wanted to honor your promise to your brother.

Winter had now become the Snow King. He came to your village every winter and waited. It was because of your brother. Because of him, he couldn't see you anymore. Not long though. You will be together again.