Rapunzel Part 3

"I will be back in two weeks time." Agatha says preparing a satchel filled with supplies. You were of age now and Agatha was deciding to go find a new village to settle in. This time she was going to hide her knowledge in an effort to protect you.

"I pray that you will be fine." you say as you hug her. You soon hang the rope down so she she could climb out of the tower. Agatha had kept the door locked permanently once you learned how to climb. Since then the actual doorway was covered by vines and invisible if you weren't close enough to the tower. Just before she is about to descend the rope she tells you.

"There are rumors about us. Rumors of a maiden hidden in the tower." you nod. "Do be careful of these people. If any do find you and wonder why you are here, tell them a witch confined you here."

"But then you will be in much more trouble." you argue.

"F/n, you are sweet girl. I have forced you to live isolated for most of your life."

"I rather stay with you then with other people who will hate you for no apparent reason." 

"F/n." she smiles wryly. "You only say this because I am the only person you know. When you meet other people you will understand. Now promise me you will do as I told you."

"I promise." Agatha smiles before kissing your forehead and descending down the rope. You wave goodbye as she leaves and go to your tasks at hand, forgetting about the rope you left dangling.

Carter went on a solo expedition to find the missing maiden. If you were Lucas' sister, he would be sure to reunite you two. A guard had told him that the tower was in the direction he was heading but he grew anxious as the time went on. But then he heard a voice. A sweet voice singing beautifully. Carter strained his ears to hear where the voice was from and followed it.

Carter got close enough an soon enough found the tower. True enough, there was no doors but there was a rope. Quietly, Carter climbed and when he did, he sees a young women braiding her long hair singing in front of her mirror. 

You were braiding your hair like you always did and singing a song Agatha had taught you. When you look up you happened to make eye contact with a stranger through the mirror and scream. Your scream nearly causes the man to fall off the window but he holds on to the window sill for dear life. Without thinking you rush over to help inside.

"Thank you." he says when he is safely in the room. You were slightly scared since you had been inside the tower and never socialized with others unless you were outside with Agatha. Even then you were very quiet. The man notices how quiet you were and your trembling figure and smiles. "I am Carter. I came here to investigate the rumors of a maiden locked in the tower. I guess they were true." you look at him even more scared. You didn't want to leave. Not until Agatha returned.

"Now that you know. Please leave."

"Why would I do that? Besides, what is a young woman like yourself doing here in the tower of no doors?" you look down. You didn't want to say it. You couldn't. But you promised Agatha.

"A...witch kept me here."

"Oh my goodness." he says rather excited. "Then it must be true." he says happily.

"What is true?"

"My friend Lucas told me his sister was taken by a witch. He wants to see her again."

"I can't leave. I don't want to leave. You can't take me away from her to go back to some family who didn't want me around!" you scream. You were told to say that Agatha kidnapped you. But you were going to do everything you could to protect her.