Red Riding Hood Part 2

When you arrive at your grandmother's cottage she is rather surprised to see you with Lazar. 

"I see you met him." She says relaxed. 

"I have grandmother. He was on the road passed out due to hunger. I gave him some of the food I was going to bring for you."

"My goodness Boy! I swear his appetite is that of a wild animal. It never ends." You turn to Lazar and see him blushing. "Now now dear. Don't be ashamed. I finished making your clothes."

"So quick." he says surprised. 

"It is on the chair over there." And indeed there are clothes on the chair. A simple white shirt and brown pants. Without thinking he strips his shirt off and you scream and cover your eyes. When he realizes what he did, he quickly puts the new shirt on and apologizes.

"I am so sorry F/n." he says with a blush. "I forgot you were there." You peek through your fingers and see that he is wearing a shirt you lower your hands.

"It is fine. You just caught me by surprise."

"Well." he says picking up the pants. "I am going to change in the bathroom so excuse me." he goes to the bathroom to change out of the old clothes.

"How did you meet him Grandmother?" you ask once he is out of the room.

"He came knocking on my door, asking for some shelter. Poor boy. He looked so tired and distraught. I asked what happened and he began shaking so I left it at that. I allowed him to stay to recover. His clothes looked rather big on him so I decided to make new ones with the material I had." After her explanation Lazar comes out wearing the new clothes.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Red."

"Any time dear."

"Well. Now that I am here, do you want anything in particular to eat?" you ask.

"My tomatoes should be ripe by now along with the lettuce. Perhaps a salad." your grandmother replies.

"Alright then." you are about to go out when Lazar asks.

"Would you like help?"

"You don't have to."

"Your grandmother is allowing me to stay with her and even made me clothes. This is the least I can do."

"If you insist." The two of you work together picking tomatoes and heads of lettuce. When you get a good amount of each you start cutting the lettuce and dicing tomatoes with ease. Lazar looks at you amazed.

"I could never do that."

"With time it gets easy. I'll show you next time." you finish making the salad and serve some to both of them. You spend the rest of the day cleaning the house and just talking with Lazar and your grandmother. Soon it is almost sunset. "I need to go home. I will be back soon." you put on the red hood and pick up you now empty basket.

"Would you like me to drop you home." Lazar offers.

"No. It is alright. My parents will be suspicious otherwise."

"I see." he says dejectedly. He then smiles once more. "I hope to see you again."

"Me too. Goodbye Grandmother. Bye Lazar." you walk out of the cottage and head home. When you arrive your parents are talking in hushed voices. "What happened?" you ask.

Your father turns to you. "Oh F/n. Your back." he says.

"I am. What happened?" Your father turns to your mother and she nods. "You see in the next town over, a man was found murdered in the forest. His clothes were missing and his body was heavily mutilated."

"My goodness." you say shocked. The towns here were small so not many crimes took place. "Did they catch the killer?"

"Sadly no. They suspect it might be a wolf though. So F/n, I am really worried about this so I don't want you visiting mother anymore."

"What why?"

"Your safety is important to me. I don't want you getting hurt."

"What about grandmother. Who will help her?"

"Look F/n, I know you care about her but-"

"I am still going to visit her. You can't stop me on that." you say with indignantly. 

"Might as well let her visit." your mother says with a sigh. "Even if we try to prevent her, she will still go. But promise me F/n. If we allow you to visit her, you must be back home an hour before the sunsets."

"I promise."

"Good. Now come help me make dinner." You help your mother. As for Lazar.

"Your granddaughter is very kind." he say admiringly.

"She is. Her kindness though might come back to get her though." your grandmother says sadly. "She might not find a suitable husband because of it."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The town regards me as crazy. Even so she still comes to visit and take care of me. It worries me sometimes. Knowing her, she will not settle down until my dying breath. By then it might be too late." Lazar thinks of you. You were pretty and a good cook. You seemed motherly and was very caring. You had all the qualities of a good wife at the time. 

"A good wife huh?" he mumbles.

"Excuse me dear?"

"Nothing Mrs. Red. Nothing at all."