Thumbelina Part 1

There was a young woman who lived alone in a village. It was known to the villagers that she was barren and wouldn't be able to conceive. Even though she was very beautiful, no one would take her as a wife. 

The woman was sweeping the front of her home when an old lady passed by. The lady stopped at the woman's house and asked.

"If you have any food to spare this old crone?" The woman nods and brings out a small meal for the old lady. "Tell me dear, what do you desire in exchange for the meal you have given me." The woman lets out a derisive laugh.

"Even if you had all the money in the world, you wouldn't be able to give what I desire."

"What is it dear?"

"I am barren. I cannot have children even though I wished to have one."

"A child you shall have." The old lady gives the woman a seed. "Plant the seed and care for it. When it is in full bloom, you will have a child." The woman thought it was foolish but did as the old lady told her.

She cared for the plant and soon it blossomed. And out came a child. The woman was amazed. Never in her life had she seen such a small being. Such an innocent face the child had. She decided to care for her and gave her the name F/n. The years rolled by and you never went pass the height of your mother's thumb.

You didn't like how you were much smaller than everyone. No one in the village knew of your existence since your mother feared bad things would happen to you. You didn't understand why you were so small to begin with. You were lonely and wanted to go outside. Every night you would leave the window sill open to feel the night breeze and sometimes pretend you were allowed to go outside.

Unknown to the humans, there were fairies. Fairies who controlled the seasons. Among them was their rulers. The king and queen of the fairies had a son who was wild and curious about humans. They were against his venturing but knew they couldn't stop it even if they tried.

Jerome was flying to a village. It was going to be the closest he has ever been to humans. He had seen them from afar and wanted to see how the villages were at night. It was dark in most houses and the doors and windows were locked. All except one. Yours.