Bluebeard Part 4

Your eyes widen at what Jack told you. He was the lord of your province. The man who was married five times and all of whom his wives disappeared. Your brothers tense a bit and the people of the village begin murmuring.

"She can't say no now." one says. "She said she liked him."

"Her brothers approved him."

"But they never thought much about the lord."

"Quiet you fools. He could execute us for the gossips."

"I know I have rumors circulating around me. But F/n, all I want is a person who I can spend the rest of my life with. None of my past wives truly loved me. They never did. But you. You fell for me long before you knew who I was. I know you aren't a person who believes rumors. You are person who believes in what is presented to you. Your brothers are the same too." he turns to your brothers. "If you give me your blessing, I promise to keep your sister happy. I won't let any harm come to her."

"It is not for us to decide." Joseph says. "This is F/n's decision. I trust my sister's judgement. If she trusts you and wants to be with you, I have no problem." Jack turns to you with hopeful eyes. You think and finally come to an answer.

"The nobles won't hate me right?" you say with a smile. At that, Jack lifts you in the air and spins you around. There are people who are happy for you and others who are worried. Within months you and Jack are married. The nobility seemed to be a bit wary of you but no one said anything. You and Jack were happy and got along well.

One day, Jack had to do business in another province. 

"Here are the keys to the rooms. This includes the key to the room in the tower in the left wing. You are forbidden to go in there though. Promise me you won't go." he says. 

"I promise." you say smiling. Jack kisses your forehead and bids you farewell. When he comes back he was going to learn whether or not you kept your promise. Since you had the keys, you decided to explore the rooms. You had explored all of them except the room he told you not to go in. Your curiosity was killing you and you decided to go open it. You were about to use the key when you stopped short. Jack had his reasons and so you leave the room alone. 

For the next few days you always found yourself going to that room though. You never opened it though. One day you were wandering around without the keys when you found yourself walking up the steps to the room. Your curiosity got the better of you and you decide to go inside. You only realized that you forgot the keys in your room. You didn't want to go all the way back so you took one of your hair pins and picked the lock. When you entered the room you covered your mouth in horror. Four bodies. Three women, one man. All of them rotting away. They had stab marks and you were horrified. You closed the door immediately and rush down the stairs and into your room, unaware you left your hair pin. 

Jack knew about the bodies and he told you not to go there. You begin putting the pieces together and you realized the rumors had base. The ladies in the room were his wives. You didn't know who the man was but it didn't matter to you. He killed them. The man you grew fond of and who was so kind to you murdered them. You were married to that man. You were out of it for the next few days until he came back.