Thumbelina Part 3 (End)

Jerome had fallen in love with you. He saw how you wanted wings and wanted to fulfill your desire. Broken wings were rare to fairies but they did happen. So to counter this injury, fairies made wings. Perhaps you would be able to use them as well. He had told his parents about you and they were okay with his choice.

"We shall allow it, if you take your job as the future king seriously." his father tells him. Jerome nods.

"I will."

"Good. As for the situation involving her having no wings, something can be arranged."

"Thank you father." Jerome runs out of the room to go to your home and tell you the news. When he arrived, you were gone. He looked around the place and saw how there was things scattered. And then he noticed a footprint of a frog. You were kidnapped by one of them. 

He flew out of the room and started going to the nearby ponds in hopes of finding you. He searches for weeks but couldn't find you. His parents tried to console him but he refused to give up. He had to find you. The winter seasons were coming. If you were still out there alone, you wouldn't survive.

As for you, you had escaped the frog and was abandoned by a beetle who claimed he would help you. It was freezing and you were lost. You didn't know if you would make it through the winter. Your fatigue got to you and fall to the ground. A few minutes you thought. For now you would rest until you had energy to walk.

When you came to, you were in a small burrow with a field mouse. Jerome was forced by his parents to stop. They kept telling him you were dead since it was the coldest month. It angered him. He had been searching for so long and the fact they told him to stop made him so angry. He was going to keep looking for you, regardless of they say.

Spring had arrived and the field mouse had a friend who was a small sparrow. You had told the sparrow your story and he offered you a ride to your home. You agreed immediately and soon you were on your way home. While flying, you happen to see someone familiar sitting on a tree branch. Jerome. You tell the sparrow and you are soon near him.

"Jerome." you call out. When he sees you, he begins tearing up and runs to you.

"I was so scared F/n, when I saw that you were gone. Throughout winter I searched but I couldn't find you."

"I am sorry." you explain what has happened and soon Jerome brings you to his home. You see the look of the other fairies. How they are whispering something about him not being crazy or how the king and queen would be surprised that Jerome was right.

"Will you live with me F/n. As my queen."

"What?"

"I want to be with you. I searched for you for months. Please say yes." You didn't know how to respond but you silently nod. You had missed him for the entirety of winter.

"May I see my mother. She must be worried." Jerome looks down before responding.

"I am sorry F/n. She died."

"What?"

"Every once in a while, I would come to your home in hopes that you were there but you weren't. I would just see a woman crying herself to sleep. The last time I went there, she wouldn't wake up. Someone had to take her out of the house. You feel tears starting well up and Jerome hugs you. "I am sorry F/n."

"If I never went out, maybe she would of..." you trail off as you begin crying more.

"I know F/n. I know the pain of loss. My parents had died this winter. But it is okay now. With time, you will learn to get over it."

You and Jerome did get married. You never got your wings but he always said he would be yours.