Rumplestiltskin Part 1

You were from a country that had been in a war for years. Your country didn't want to partake in it but was forced to when one of the cities were attacked. Your country won but the war costed your country money. The king had raised the taxes on peasants and nobles alike in hopes of restoring the kingdom's treasury.

As for you, you were lived on the opposite end of where the wars were taking place so you were never directly affecting you. The taxes were. Your village was well off compared to those suffering the aftermath of the war. Your father was a tailor and you helped him whenever. You had a knack at fixing and styling hair. Your father always boasted how you managed to turn "straw into gold."

It was a Monday. The sheriff would be coming to collect the taxes when he heard your father speaking about your talent. The thing is, is that he only heard the part of you turning straw into gold. The sheriff though he would be handsomely rewarded if he was able to fix the kingdom's finacial problem.

"Bring your daughter to me. If she has the ability to turn straw into gold, she is of much more use to the king then you lot." He orders. Your father was going to explain but you happened to pass by. The sheriff grabbed you. "You are coming with me to see the king. Your ability to turn straw into gold will be tested." You wanted to explain but saw that he was thoroughly convinced of your magical ability."

"Alright. I will go. But allow me to say goodbye to my father."

"A minute." You run to your father and he begins apologizing.

"I should of been more careful with my words. I am so sorry F/n." He says.

"It is alright. I will figure something out. It is going to be okay." Your father takes off a small chain with a necklace attached to it.

"I gave this to your mother on our wedding day. Keep it so we can be close to one another." You hug him before leaving with the Sheriff. Within two days you are standing infront if the king. A kind looking man.

"Your majesty. I was told this woman was able to turn straw into gold. Perhaps she is the key to our finacial problems" the king turns to you and you nod.

"Let's put it to the test. Fill a room with straw. If she is not able to turn the straw into gold by tomorrow morning, as it is stated in our laws, lying to the royal family for any reason, will be beheaded." You are soon put into the room.

You were crying for a bit but soon stopped. Crying was useless. You were going to be dead in a matter of time. You sat there patiently awaiting your fate. Around sunrise you saw something shine and you turn and see a man who is no taller than you waist down with a scraggly beard. You wanted to scream but the man signaled you to stay silent. In fear you obeyed.

"You're in quite the predicament aren't you?"he says. Turning straw into gold. Sounds outlandish."

"Are you here to mock me?" You ask.

"No dear. I am here to help you. For a price that is."

"I don't have money."

"I know you don't. That is why you are here. But that necklace will suffice." You clasp your necklace. Your mother gave it to you before she passed on. You didn't want to part with it but if giving it would spare you life, it is a small price to pay.

"How will you help?"

"I can turn straw into gold." You weren't convinced but then he picked up some straw and it transformed into gold.

"You have such an ability yet you want my necklace." You mutter.

"I want things that have sentimental value. That necklace has value gold can never make up for. So dearie do we have a deal?" After thinking you nod. Within in minutes the room is filled with gold. You give the necklace to him and he disappears just as the door opens. The guards are awestruck at the gold in the room. As for you, you wonder who that peculiar man is.