Wolfsbane

After a while of struggling to find Elena as well as Stefan, Damon, Jeremy and even Bonnie, I decided to leave The Lockwoods' too. As I pulled up outside the Salvatore Boarding House, I felt an uncomfortable shiver run up my spine. Something wasn't right.

As I stepped out of the car, I focused my hearing. A muffled,  agonising scream sounded from inside the house. In a panicked blur, I sped inside and skidded to a halt as I reached the parlour. I gasped in shock as I took in the scene before me; the pungent smell of blood and wolfsbane filled my nose as the man chained to the chair shook in pain. Damon stood infront of him, with another figure behind him, his back facing me. Damon looked up as I entered, the second figure turning as he did.
"Jeremy?" I asked in confusion, the boys' eyes widening in shock, "Damon?" I turned to him, "what the hell is this?" I demanded as I stepped towards the three of them, scrunching up my face at the smell. The man in the chair turned to face me as I drew near, blood was still dripping down his chin as his eyes filled with pained tears.
"You want rid of Katherine, right?" Damon paused, catching eyes with me before turning and grabbing a handful of more wolfsbane. "Say hello to Mason Lockwood".

"If he was going to say anything he would have already" Jeremy argued as he stepped further towards the two men. Damon ignored the younger Gilbert's comment, barely glancing at him before leaning over the chair.
"I'm taking your eyes now" Damon spat, holding the wolfsbane up to Masons' face. I could hear both his and Jeremys' hearts thumping faster in fear.
"The well!" Mason shouted, chest heaving as his head shook in defeat  "you can find the moonstone there!". With each mention of this stone, the more I believed it was the one from the curse. But why did Katherine want it?
"I know where it is" Damon paused, "I want to know what it does and why you want it" he finished.
"I'm getting it for Katherine"
"Why?" I piped in, causing Damon to glance up at me in surprise.
"She's gonna use it to lift the curse"
"Of the moon?" Damon stood up straight again, "now why would a vampire help a werewolf break a curse that keeps them from turning whenever they want?" The irritation in Damon's voice was becoming clearer the more he spoke.
"So I wouldn't have to turn anymore..." Mason responded. I looked at the ground when he said this, I knew how much agony werewolves were forced to endure every full moon. I had seen it.
"Why?" Damon asked angrily.

"Because she loves me"

Uh oh. Jeremy and I exchanged a look before glancing at Damon. This was very shaky ground he was treading on. His face however, broke out into a smile. A painfully false smile.
"Now -" Damon laughed slightly, it was almost uncomfortable to watch, "- now I get it... you're just stupid". The smile faded, the anger in his eyes burning brighter. "Katherine doesn't love you... she's using you, you moron". I tensed up at that, wincing slightly.
"I'm done talking". Mason said in defeat.
"Yes" Damon finished, brows furrowing together, "you are".

It was then that the atmosphere in the room shifted. We all knew what was coming. Damon's eyes remained locked on Mason as he passed the wolfsbane to Jeremy.
"Time to take a walk, Jeremy" he stated bluntly.
"I'm staying" the younger Gilbert automatically responded.
"No, you should go"
"I'm staying, Damon... he's had enough". Mason turned to Jeremy when he said that, clearly sensing some sort of empathy in him.
"Just help Tyler... don't let this happen to him" he pleaded. I grimaced, I knew what Damon was about to do. Only I was unsure if it was for the right reason. I had seen and even caused plenty of death; it was necessary sometimes... Yet, I could tell that Damon saw something of himself in Mason. The anger all but confirmed it.

"Damon..." Jeremy started. The older Salvatore sped over to him, clasping his hands around his throat as he pinned him down on the sofa.
"You wanted to be a part of this? Well here it is, kill or be killed" Damon spat, causing me to flinch, "the guy's a werewolf, he'd kill me the first chance he got!" He paused as Jeremy shook in his grip, "So you suck it up, or leave". He finished, releasing him from his grip. As Jeremy coughed, he caught eyes with me and I nodded, confirming that it would be best if he left.