No Strings

Over the next few weeks, everyone had an abundance of questions for me to answer. I knew Stefan was more upset than angry that I hid things from him, Damon was pissed off - which didn't surprise me considering what my secrecy led to. I couldn't help but feel guilty for what Rose and Trevor did to Elena because of me. Although, Elena herself I knew wasn't angry anymore... she just wanted answers.

However, Elena and the Salvatores had to wait. Caroline had been calling me non-stop about Tyler, she was utterly clueless on how to advise him and she had told him about her and I being a vampire. He'd witnessed her strength and the change in my eyes. He had to know. So, once more I was standing alone outside the Lockwood Mansion.

As I knocked on the large door, I realised that this was the first time I had been here when there wasn't an event going on. It was quiet. Lonely. I was pulled from my thoughts when the front door opened and Tyler stood there, surprise evident on his face.
"Grace?"
"Hey Tyler" I smiled gently, "Caroline called me, said we should talk". Tyler nodded in response, before standing back to let me inside.
"Is your mother home?" I asked absentmindedly as I looked around the empty hallway, fiddling with the corner of my jacket as I did so.
"No... she's, uh, working" he said confusedly, as he gestured towards the lounge. It was strange talking about simple things given the circumstances.

We sat down next to each other on the sofa, an awkward silence shrouding the atmosphere. After a few moments, Tyler sighed, "how can you be a Vampire? How can Caroline? I just..."
"Those are two very different stories I can assure you" I responded thoughtfully, I turned to face him. "How are you holding up?" I asked him, I felt guilty. He was alone in this.
"I... don't really know" he said honestly, his jaw clenching before he looked back at me. "Things have changed, I feel more, but... I don't know what's gonna happen next full moon". He continued. Heightened emotions were always difficult to cope with as a supernatural, I could relate with him there atleast.
"Why you? Of all people?" He questioned after a pause, "A couple of months ago, I would have just..." he trailed off, laughing slightly as he shook his head.

"Look, Tyler..." I began, I shuffled a bit closer to him on the sofa. "I know we barely know eachother, but I know what you're going through" I paused, reaching out to touch his arm gently. His eyes flicked towards my hand before he turned to face me again. "trust me, I've been around a long time and I know you'll-" he cut me off suddenly, his lips against mine as he kissed me roughly. It took me a moment to register what was actually happening before I kissed him back. I could feel his hands on my waist as I leaned into him, my fingers gripping his shirt as things got more intense. He pulled away, smirking, his face still only inches from mine.
"Shall we... take this upstairs?" His voice was low, as I felt his breath against my neck, sending a shiver up my spine.
"One condition..." I started, my fingers tracing his jawline. "No strings" I whispered.
"No strings" he confirmed, his eyes darkening, as we stood up together and headed to his bedroom.

(A/N: Hey Guys! I know this was short and severely lacking Damon but things are getting sauucyyyy, anyways I hope you liked it💖)