Rebekah

It seemed like it was an endless waiting game. Stefan was slowly drifting away from me and my brother was becoming more and more impatient. The hybrids were failing because Elena was still alive. And the witch was one step away from figuring that out.

The three of us were sat in Gloria's bar, waiting for Rebekah to join us.

"So... I'm confused" Stefan started, leaning in to face Klaus. "If we were such great friends, why do I only know you as the hybrid dick who sacrificed who sacrificed my girlfriend on an alter of fire?" he questioned, causing Klaus to smirk and shake his head, before turning to me, an unreadable expression on his face.
"All good things must come to an end". Klaus continued, the brief story he followed with barely covered anything.

Yet, it was enough to make Stefan understand.

"You compelled me to forget" Stefan concluded, looking at Klaus with bewildered realisation, his brows furrowing slightly as he did so.
"It was time for Rebekah and I to move on" Klaus responded, his face hardening slightly as he looked ahead. "better to have a clean slate" he said, before taking a gulp of his whiskey.
"But why?" Stefan questioned, I could see my brother visibly tense up at that. "You shouldn't have to cover your tracks" he leaned forward curiously, "Unless you're running from someone". Klaus' eyes flashed to me, panic washing over as Stefan noticed, his own eyes following the hybrids. Klaus looked back to Stefan, his glare cold as the younger Salvatore stared back at me. I knew he could see the fear in my eyes. He knew he was right. They were running from someone, we all were.

"Story time's over".

The silence extended uncomfortably then, the three of us avoiding eachothers gaze.
"I need another drink" Stefan said, "A real one". He stood up then, and left. leaving my brother and I alone once more.

"He's not wrong, you know" I muttered, sitting down next to Klaus. He reached for the bottle of whiskey, before I grabbed it from his hand and filled the empty glass that was sat infront of me.
"I know" he responded bluntly, taking the bottle from my hand and refilling his own glass.
"I don't know why you don't just tell him" I sighed, before taking a sip of my drink.
"I will" he nodded, turning to me. "When the time is right".
"That isn't your choice, Nik, he deserves to know... you're the one that's-"
"Because you're one to talk, Grace" my brother interrupted, squinting at me with a hint of amusement in his eyes. I frowned at him then, letting out an "ugh" as I took another drink.
"That is not the same thing" I said.

I shook my head then, downing the rest of my drink before turning to face my brother.
"I don't understand why making these hybrids is so important to you" I muttered, avoiding his eyes as I stared into my empty glass. Klaus simply sighed in response, ignoring the nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach.
"I need-" he started, before I shot him a look.
"You don't need them, Nik... you had a family... you still do". He said nothing to that, he simply stared ahead blankly, his jaw tense.

"Why did you even want me to come with you?" I mumbled, wiping my tears away stubbornly.
"You said it yourself" his jaw tensed as he looked to me, "Family". I looked back to him then, for the first time in a thousand years I felt like I was talking to my brother, Niklaus... Not Klaus, the hybrid. I felt a smile tugging at my lips, yet there was an uncomfortable feeling underneath it all. I couldn't bear a lapse in judgement, I knew how capable he was of snapping. He was a different man, and I had to remember that. Despite this however, I felt like there was hope. And hope is what I would hold onto.

I looked away then, before standing up quickly.
"I'm going to go back to the warehouse, are you two coming?" I questioned, zipping up my jacket.
"When Stefan returns, we'll join you... our sister is being characteristically stubborn, it seems" he grinned, before turning to face me. The smile dropped from his face then, a look I couldn't quite determine overcoming it.
"I know how much she missed you, Grace" he noted softly, before pausing, not quite knowing what to say.
"I've missed her too, Nik" I smiled back at him, before turning, and leaving Gloria's bar once more.