International Love

After the roster releases from Ellis and Herdman, a number of players did a bit of cross-border trash-talking with one another.

========================

Jessie Fleming: Sorry to see you're not on the roster for these matches.

Mallory Pugh: The hamstring injury I picked up against South Korea has me out the rest of the year it looks like. I hope to come out to San Jose for the second match.

Jessie: So you can watch us sweep your team?

Mallory: In your dreams, Baby Canada!

Jessie: That's not what I dream about. I dream about what I'll do to and with you AFTER the game.

Mallory: Is that a proposition?

Jessie: Guess you'll have to come to the game and find out.

Mallory: Just don't get distracted by my presence, or you won't even come close to making good on your prediction.

Jessie: I love the sound of your voice when you're trying to be tough. It makes me want to cover your mouth with mine and make you be quiet.

Mallory: That's why I do it, so I can taste the sweetness of your lips, which leads to other things that I shall save the description of until we see each other again.

Jessie: You are frisky tonight, chica. I LIKE it!

Mallory: Well, babe, I'll let ya get back to whatever it is you do at UCLA. Love you now and always. See you in a little under two weeks.

Jessie: Love you too, mon amour.

========================  

Ali got calls from her Canadian friends and former teammates.

Carm: What will it take for you to get those last two caps to make 100?

Ali: A new coach, probably.

Carm: Actually, missing this camp helps us as a club since you won't need to be jetting out immediately after the expansion draft. Can you come up Wednesday night instead of Thursday so we can work on the college draft in the afternoon?

Ali: I should be able to swing that. Things with Ash are a little better. We both understand what the other is dealing with and what caused the fighting between us in the first place. Did you get to see the Duke/Virginia game on Thursday?

Carm: No, but I saw that my girl Quinny got on the scoresheet with the game-winning assist.

Ali: Your girl Quinny also looks to have a girlfriend on that team.

Carm: Really?! Didn't know her to swing that way.

Ali: I watched the post-game coverage and saw her being VERY chummy with the goalkeeper Proctor. It's like they were making a point of exposing their relationship in light of what had happened the previous Sunday in Cary.

Carm: I think Wendy and Erica need that information because both are seriously on our list of players to take, based solely on their play. With this fact, it's almost a necessity to go hard for both, as we're already looking at bringing two other couples to the team.

Ali: We talked about taking Kristie with our third pick. Are you going to grab McCaffrey as well?

Carm: We'll try.

Ali: Who's the other?

Carm: Bianca Sierra and Stephany Mayor from the Mexican National Team. They're currently playing in Iceland.