Trading Places

Wednesday's morning meeting started off with an update of the roster changes.

Wendy: We executed two sets of roster moves yesterday. The first was signing Morgan Reid to a contract. She fills the spot that was open after we placed Bianca on the Season-Ending Injury list. Later in the day, we first made a trade with Sky Blue where we received defender Kayla Mills for Erin, then sent Kayla to Portland with Mana, Bianca, and Stephany for Emily Sonnett and Lindsey Horan. We still have one roster spot, but we might be getting an additional player from the Thorns on the 28th so we're going to leave it open for the next couple of weeks. The two of them will be getting here on Friday just before 4pm and are set to be officially introduced at our scrimmage against Temple on Saturday afternoon. They won't play on Saturday, of course.

Savannah: With Lindsey coming in, will I need to give up my jersey number?

Wendy: I guess that's up to you. You can always make her pay you for the privilege as is done in other sports. Same thing goes for Becca if Emily wants the 16.

Becca: I know what number I want now that it's free, but I think I'll make Ms. Joke-A-Rama sweat a little with some clever bartering.

EJ: You're evil. Sounds like you and Lindsey might get along, then. Let's take it up with Amy when we go to the team store later.

Wendy: With the new players coming in, and the four that are leaving, we need to figure out how to accommodate everyone on the housing front. With the departures, this is how the seven houses are situated:

House 1: Ali, Steph Labbe, and Diana.

House 2: Kristie and Steph McCaffrey.

House 3: Becca, EJ, Morgan Andrews, and Sammy Jo.

House 4: No one.

House 5: Steph Ochs, Liz, and Cami.

House 6: Jen and Cari.

House 7: Savannah and Frannie.

Wendy: I would say that Houses 1 and 3 are set. Before we start filling spots, does anyone want to change their current living situation?

Cari: I'd like to be able to live with Lindsey and Emily once they arrive.

Wendy: We can bring them into your house with Jen, or move you to the vacant one and add them to there on Friday. What's your preference?

Cari: I think having the open house for the three of us makes more sense than shoe-horning them in with Jen and myself.

Wendy: That seems resolved. Jen, do you want to stay put and we can add people in with you, or do you want to join Steph, Liz, and Cami or Savannah and Frannie?

Jen: My first choice would be Frannie and Savannah, but I know that Sarah is going to be moving up here after she graduates in May and will want to be able to live with her girl. Frannie, how about you move in with me so none of the houses aside from the Goalie Pad have more than three in them?

Frannie: I think that sounds good. We'll get a third person, right, Wendy?

Wendy: Yes. We can move whoever we end up having fill the last roster spot in with you and Jen unless Morgan wants to join you now.

Morgan: Actually, I'd like to go with Savannah since Sarah will be there in a couple of months and her and I have developed a bit of a friendship as a result of our connection to Becca and EJ.