A Wonderful Christmastime

On Friday night, Steph and Tyler went out to dinner at Civico 1845. He informed her about his research on whether societal expectations led to female athletes entering and staying in the athletic bubble as it related to interpersonal relationships or if they went in first and then the expectations were placed on them so they couldn't escape it. When Tyler dropped Steph off at her parents' place, she gave him a peck on the cheek and said that she would be back in Philly on the 16th and would like to have him meet her friend and teammate Liz Eddy and her local guy of interest over dinner that night. She also told him that her deposition with Brian will be on the 17th and that he should stop by the hotel at the end of the day so he and Brian could possibly speak about this subject and whether he could be of assistance.

Following Alex and Ashlyn's trip to Kansas City just after Thanksgiving, the Orlando forward had been talking with Syd Leroux Dwyer a bit about the possibility of swapping houses as the FCKC striker had been looking for a trade that would allow her to join her husband Dom in Orlando. Alex went to the Pride offices and discussed with Niki the potential of her and Syd being traded for one another and whether there was a way to include Ashlyn in the deal. Niki said that she would talk to the powers that be in KC and see if things could be done to satisfy everyone's desire for relocation.

Wendy and Brian Ching, managing director of the Houston Dash, worked out a preliminary deal for the Hearts' first-round draft pick, with the Western Conference team sending their first-round pick as well as a player to be named later to Philadelphia for the first overall pick. With that part of Draft Day completed, Wendy kicked off for the rest of the day and she, Bill, and Zach headed for North Carolina to visit his twin children and their families.

Brian finished depositions with the Hearts' coaching staff, Ali Krieger, and Jen Hoy before he, Julie, Connor, and Sarah left for the Christmas holidays down in Georgia, where they would stay at what used to be his great-grandfather's plantation outside of Atlanta. Julie and Sarah sent out a series of thank yous to the many people who contributed to their GoFundMe campaign for the Hearts' trial fund. As of December 22nd, they had raised $13,825 along with a handful of rentals for the month of February, some grocery gift cards, and the Franklin Fountain's contribution, which is $2 from every Broken Hearts sundae purchased from the beginning of December through Valentine's Day.

***

Christmas is a time of giving and receiving, and the Hearts players' and their significant others went out of their way to make this holiday one to remember.

Ali to Steph:

The locket is engraved on the front (2Hearts1Love) and back (Ali and Steph) with pictures of the pair at the Franklin Fountain and Hearts United on the inside

Steph to Ali: