Love Was Made For Me And You

A dusting of snow overnight made for a somewhat slippery surface in LOVE Park on Saturday morning for the run-through of the Hearts' Valentine's Day PSA. Ali and the director worked to get the players and their loved ones positioned and to develop an order of appearance. Each "unit" was allowed to draft their own lines for their segment. The biggest part of the morning was moving people so as to get the following six people into the front row for the end of the spot, left-to-right across the screen: Rhian, Diana, Steph Labbe, Ali, Kristie, Steph McCaffrey. The main culprits in getting the movement occuring were Morgan, Sammy Jo, Liz, and Steph Ochs, who would be the final two "units" before the camera pans out and the proposals occur.

After a break, during which several of the not-on-camera players and significant others showed up (Bianca and Stephany, Erin Simon, Jen Hoy and Danielle Colaprico, Tyler and Aaron, Frannie Crouse), the production began. The hope was to do it in one take, but nothing is ever that easy. Steph and Ali got tripped up staring at each other following Carm's back-out, Savannah stumbled a little trying to explain her love for Sarah, and there were some problems getting the front six to their positions in time. After a few stops and starts, the glitches were hopefully fixed and the director started from the top.

Narrator (voice of Lauren Green): The Philadelphia Hearts believe that LOVE is the one emotion that ties everyone together, and we'd like to tell you the many ways we express it.

Wendy Gebauer Palladino (with Bill and Zach): The love I have for my husband and son, and also the love that developed for Bill's son and daughter after we fell for one another.

Erica Dambach (with Jason and Addie): The love of sharing a life together and (lifting up Addie) bringing a new one into the world.

Carm: The love that best friends share with each other.

Steph and Ali leaned in to kiss Carm on the cheeks, but she backed out, leaving the couple to catch eyes with each other and exchange an air kiss while Emily peeked around Carm and showed off her engagement ring.

Julie O'Hara (arm around Brian, with Connor and Sarah standing in front of them): The love of family, near and far, and for strangers that have now become friends.

Diana (with Rhian): Love that grew over time and sprung forward at the right moment.

Kristie (with Steph): Love that has been tested by distance and has grown deeper as a result of it.

Savannah: Love that finds you when you're not looking and which you never want to see leave.

Savannah flashed the ASL sign for crush at Sarah, who smiled and mouthed "I love you" to her girlfriend.

Becca (showing off her promise ring): Love that shines

EJ (exposing her engagement ring while holding Becca's hand): Even when society tries to tell you that you're wrong for feeling that way.

Morgan (with Sammy Jo behind her, arms over her shoulders): Love that starts as friendship but blossoms into something more.

Liz Eddy: Love that friends are able to stoke in one another for a special someone.

Steph Ochs: And love that comes to you at the most unexpected time.

Both Liz and Steph blew kisses to their men off-camera. From there, Morgan and Sammy Jo went to form the top point of a heart and Liz and Steph formed the bottom point, with the other participants filling in, including a number of unannounced guests from behind the statue and the six aforementioned women standing in front of the heart.