Comedy Central

At King of Prussia Mall for some shopping, the three former Blue Devils (EJ, Becca, and Morgan Reid) along with Ali, Kristie, and the Stephs Labbe and McCaffrey had a late lunch/early dinner at Grand Lux Cafe.

Steph L.: Morgan, how was the Courage trial compared to the one here?

Morgan: A lot weirder, I guess. Tiffany hadn't seen me play a whole lot prior to last season and thus wasn't that aware of my flexibility across the back. I got along the players well enough, but most of the time away from the park was spent with Schuyler, so I didn't get to see a lot of the team dynamic. Here, I got to meet a lot of the players ahead of the official trial, Wendy and Erica already had an opinion about me, and the trial was more or less confirmation of what they knew. Plus these two lovely people sitting here with me made my time enjoyable.

Kristie: Anything tying you to North Carolina besides your family?

Morgan: Not seeing anyone at the moment, if that's what you're asking. When I wrote the piece for The Players' Tribune, it was after looking in the mirror and realizing that I needed to put myself first, which meant finding an NWSL team that I could join for the upcoming season. Now that I know I am going to be in Philly, I might be able to start looking. Any of you know good places to meet "normal" guys?

Ali: Two of our teammates found their boyfriends by way of Hearts United. With Heart-to-Heart coming up on April 2nd, that could be a prime ground to get lucky.

Morgan: I met Tyler and Aaron on Saturday at training. Nice guys, not fanboys or "bros", and seem to care about their women.

Steph L.: A lot of that I think has to do with being comfortable with who and where one is before making that approach. A guy who doesn't need you as an ego boost will care enough to see you as you truly are and let you define how public you want to be about a potential relationship as opposed to some of the wads that you mentioned in your article.

Becca: Wasn't one of our lab mates looking at going to med school up here?

Morgan: You mean Michael Bridges? I think he applied to one here but had offers from a couple of Ivy League schools and three or four in the south. I'm not sure where he ended up.

EJ: Becca and I are going to give you a crash course of Philly eating tomorrow after the short meeting. Lunch at Reading Terminal so you can get your jersey, trip down to Pat's and Geno's, stop at the Franklin Fountain for one of their to-die-for sundaes. Ali, they're catering Heart-to-Heart, right?

Ali: Yes. That reminds me, I need to talk to Eric and Ryan about refrigeration at the museum and what we'd like for options on ice creams, toppings, etc.

Steph McCaffrey got a text from Sam Mewis on her phone.

SammyMewwy: YOU LUCKY DOGS! Better invest in rubber underwear with those three now on one team.

Steph showed the text to Kristie, then Ali and the other Steph. "Do any of you know what she's referring to?"

Steph L.: Wendy must have gotten the blockbuster trade completed, and yes you might need to keep your bladder under control when those two and Cari are in the same room. Even D won't be able to keep up to them in the funny-but-clever department.

Kristie scrolled through the league's website but found nothing. "I'm not seeing any deal involving us on the NWSL website."

Morgan: Wendy said that my signing and the trade she was working on would be official tomorrow.