St. Patty's Rumble

St. Patrick's Day began in the City of Brotherly Love with some of the Hearts' players having to dodge early-morning revelers on their way to Urban Outfitters Stadium. Erica and Wendy considered catering in breakfast and lunch a safer approach for the team to get their nutritional needs met than having them deal with Amateur Day on the streets around downtown and their homes. Lauren used the opportunity to do some fast-fives with a number of the players for the team's media guide that would be printed and be available at Heart-to-Heart on the 2nd.

1) Favorite cartoon character; 2) Which one player not on the Hearts and not related to you would you want to be stuck on an island with?; 3) Most difficult player in the league to face; 4) Cheesesteak, Water Ice, or TastyKake; 5) Go-to karaoke hit.

Kristie Mewis: Bubbles Powerpuff; Rachel Daly; Sam Mewis; My waist says Water Ice, my mouth says Cheesesteak; "Alone" by Heart.

Morgan Reid: Tweety Bird; Christina Gibbons; So far, I'd say Lynn Williams; Guessing I'll like the cheesesteak more than the sweet items; "Carolina In My Mind" by James Taylor.

Jen Hoy: Sally Brown; Katie Naughton; Never done it, but it's gotta be Christen Press; Water Ice all the way!; "One Way Or Another" by Blondie.

Steph Labbe: Little Bear; Christine Sinclair; Christen Press, just because she's so lethal with just a fraction of space; TastyKake. Thank you, Carm, for getting me hooked on them; "Titanium" by David Guetta.

Liz Eddy: Bugs Bunny; Abby Dahlkemper, because by ESP she'd be able to contact Sam and then have her get Steph McCaffrey to rescue our weak selves; Always been Tobin Heath for me; Gotta say cheesesteak because Aaron hasn't taken me where I can get either of the other two yet; "Hotel California" by the Eagles.

Savannah Jordan: Pepper Ann; Sam Kerr, because she'd know how to survive; Steph Labbe. She is one scary mother on the field; TastyKakes; "Ridin'" by Chamillionaire.

***

Jonathan Tannenwald sat down with Lindsey and Emily for a brief interview for Sunday's Inquirer.

Jonathan: What was your reaction to finding out that you were being sent to Philly?

Emily: I was surprised that both of us were being traded. Lindsey expressed concern about us being accepted at our new club like we were in Portland. Gavin was stringing us along, really, because he knew that the Hearts would welcome us with open arms given who else is here and what they've said in the past. Remember, Lindsey, I, Sam Mewis, and Abby Dahlkemper were honored by the club in November for standing up and coming out at the NWSL final.

Lindsey: Once we got home and had done some preliminary research on storing our stuff and flights to Philly, we contacted Wendy to get a time table from her for arrival. Following that, we Skyped Cari Roccaro, the Frack to my Frick.

Jonathan: When we talked at Hearts United, the two of you had just come off a fairly harrowing experience in San Jose that required you, Emily, to be pulled out of the 18 with a number of others. Four months later, do those memories still echo in your mind?

Emily: I think the quick turn-around from that to Hearts United to Morgan Brian's non-wedding to Thanksgiving with Lindsey's family in Colorado allowed both of us to put what happened in the rear-view mirror and just concentrate on our love for each other, the love others have for us, and the bonds we have around the league with players.

Lindsey: That night was fairly scary, but being here and seeing the potential for worse happening under our own eyes led to me taking on a bit of a nasty-girl role in helping Wendy and the two Stephs manage things in dealing with that radio jock.