Chapter 31: A New Leaf & Revelations.

Kiba's POV

I just wanted to live. I escaped from the research laboratory by myself and that was the only thing I thought about while vomiting out blood and running. I got out of the forest and met a little girl, a high-class devil, while the light of my life was disappearing.

“What do you desire?”

The crimson haired girl asked while she held me, who was on the verge of death. I just mumbled one word while my vision was blurring. “Help”. My life. My friends. My future. My friends. My power. My talent. My…

I just wished while having all of these thoughts. Those were my last words as a human.

“To live as a devil. That was the wish of my master, and also my wish. I thought that, it was fine. But…… I couldn't forget my hatred towards the Excaliburs and my comrades’ vengeance…… No, I could have forgotten about it. I…”

I have the best comrades now. Ise-kun and M/N. They helped me, who was driven by vengeance. I thought about it while searching for the holy-sword wielder. There are comrades who would help me. I thought that 'Isn't this already enough for me?' But if my former comrades’ spirits are wishing for their vengeance, I can't let go of my demonic-swords that carry their hatred. But my thoughts were just released.

[Don't worry about us. At least you live.]

My former-comrades weren't wishing for me to deliver their vengeance. They weren't wishing for it!

“But it's not like everything is solved.”

Yes, it hasn't ended. If I don't take down the evil thing right in front of me, there will be a repetition of the incident that happened to us.

“Balba Galilei. As long as I don't kill you, there will be those who would suffer the same fate as us.”

“Hmph. It's been said for a long time that research always comes with sacrifices. Haven't you realised that yet?”

You certainly are evil!

“Kibaaaaaaaa! Cut down both Freed and Excalibur!”

……Ise-kun.

“You are the “Knight” of the Gremory group and my comrade! My friend! Fight Kibaaaaaaa! Don't waste their feelings and spirit!”

"You have helped me. Even if you won't profit from it. Even if you might have gotten in trouble for it……” 

“Yuuto! Do it! You have to finish this yourself! Surpass Excalibur! You are the servant of I, Rias Gremory! My 'Knight' will not lose to a mere Excalibur!”

“Yuuto-kun! I believe in you!”

Buchou. Fuku-buchou (Fuku-buchou basically means "Vice-President". A.k.a Akeno) Rias-buchou! Akeno-san!

“……Yuuto-senpai!”

Koneko-chan...

"C'mon Kiba! Wrap this up!"

M/N...,

"Please do your best!”

Everyone...

“Hahaha! Why are you crying? You were singing with joy with the ghost-chan. It's really a nuisance. It's totally the worst. You know I hate that song. Just listening to it makes the hair on my skin crawl! I don't want to hear it any more. I'm totally at my limit! I'm going to cut you into pieces and calm myself! With this ultimate Excalibur that has merged 4 of them!”

Freed Zelzan. My comrades’ spirits reside within you. I can't allow you to do evil deeds with them any longer! These tears I have are tears of determination.