Chapter Six: Red Robin's Patrol Gone Wrong

Gotham Academy
Tuesday, March 22, 2018
12:46 am

Red Robin/Tim Drake POV

I came back from New York City dropping Damian off to Titans Tower. I see that Danica is doing a good job of being leader of the Teen Titans. I'm proud of her, and I miss her.

I drove the batmobile to the parking lot of Gotham Academy. Why Gotham Academy? Because Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne's butler but more of a friend, had called me and told me that someone broke in at Gotham Academy, but don't know why though, so I told him I will check it out.

I turn off the engine and got out of the batmobile and began sneaking into Gotham Academy, by going to rooftops and going through the vents.

I went to couple paths from vents, then I got out of the vents and landed on the ground realizing that I'm at the science lab. I looked around and saw the beakers with chemicals but there not science chemicals. They looked like meta human powers inside each and every beaker. Some of them have fire, ice, and electricity.

I started observing the beakers, one by one. Most of the beakers were hot or cold from a touch.

"Why would someone need these beakers from the meta humans?" I said to myself, looking at electricity in one the beakers.

"Because, I'm trying a little experiment." An unknown male voice said, from behind me.

My eyes widened and I turn around, taking my birdarang out of my utility belt, and I saw the man that I never wanted to see again.

"Deathrider." I growled at the masked man.

"Hello, Red Robin." He greeted. "Long time no see."

"Well, I wish it was a longer for me not to see you again, Slater." I said in sarcastic, taking out of my bo staff.

"Aww, but I miss fighting you, but I also miss trying to kill you." He said, taking his blade out.

"Well, I guess your dream just might come true." I said extending my bo staff at him. "So, Deathrider, tell me, what are you doing with these meta human powers?"

"Oh, that info is classified. My master just want the meta human powers for something. So, let's just say its none of your business, Red Robin." He said, dragging the tip of his blade back and forth. "Oh yeah, your dating my ex girlfriend, Danica Grayson. I never see you two love birds together. What's up with that?"

I paused for a moment when he mentioned about me and Danica. I know Slater still has feelings for Danica and I don't think he never stop liking her.

"Leave her out of this, Deathrider!" I growled, extending my bo staff at him, making him chuckled.

"Well, I see a bird boy is probably heart broken. Did my cute ex girlfriend break up with you or something? Did she?" He said, tilting his head to the side.

I gritted my teeth and charged at him. I swing my bo staff at him and he easily dodge them and he kicked me in the gut making me stumble back and he kicked me again in the gut and I crashed to the table, breaking a couple of empty beakers.

"Is that all you got, bird boy? You gotta come at me. GET UP!" He yelled

I started grunting and started getting up, slowly.

"If you are single and Danica is single," Slater said and started rubbing his chin. "then that means I could have Danica all to myself then." Deathrider took off his mask revealing his face. "I have a feeling she misses me." He smirked and put his mask in his utility belt.

"I doubt if she even misses you, Slater." I smirked, making him growl and charging at me with his kitanas.

I threw one of the beakers with chemicals at him making him scream from the burning chemicals on his chest. I grabbed some of the beakers with the human powers in them and I ran out of the science room, running down the halls.

"THIS ISN'T OVER, RED ROBIN! I WILL HUNT YOU ALL, TEEN TITANS, DOWN! I WILL EVEN HUNT NIGHTGIRL DOWN IF I HAVE TO!" He yelled.

I paused for moment of what he said about Danica. Now, I have to find away to protect the Titans and to keep a close eye on Danica. I snapped out of it and kept running.

"I WILL KILL YOU! WATCH YOUR BACK, TIM!"

My eyes widened when I heard him say my name. I finally made my way out of Gotham Academy and went inside the batmobile. I place the beakers gently on the passenger seat and started driving back to the Batcave.