Chapter Ten: Argument on a Rooftop

Red Robin's POV

When I saved Nightgirl from Deathrider, I took her with me to a random rooftop. I rubbed my eyes in frustration. I just can't believe she was fighting Slater, alone. Deathrider is one of the most deadliest assassins that ever lived. If he was with Nightgirl, he would have either kidnapped her or kill her.

I stopped rubbing my eyes and I looked out to the city of Gotham.

"Come on, Tim. You can't be angry at me about this." Nightgirl said, crossing her arms.

"Look, Danica, I'm not angry," I said looking at her, "I'm just disappointed in you. I can't believe you decided going up against Slater." I crossed my arms

"Actually, I didn't decide. Slater decided going up against me. Besides, I didn't need your help anyways." She said and started walking away and was about jump to another rooftop.

I grabbed her wrist and turn her around to face me.

"Danica?" I said "Listen to me-" she cut me off.

"No, you listen to me, Tim!" She yelled and she yanked her hand away from me. "I don't need you to keep an eye on me! I could take care of myself! There is no reason for you to save me from Slater, I would have won that fight!"

"Danica. You were risking your life! If it weren't for me, he would have hurt you or killed you or anything! It would have gave him a perfect opportunity to kidnapped you! Remember from 4 years ago!" I yelled

Nightgirl growled and kicked me in the gut making me stumble back and she walked up to me and grabbed the collar of my uniform and pulled me close to her, gritting her teeth and gave me a glare.

"Don't. You dare. Bring that up. Again!" She growled and pushed me away from her.

"Danica?" I said, rubbing the collar of my uniform

She didn't respond and she started walking away from me.

"Danica!" I said raising my voice at her.

She huffed and turned around, looking at me.

"What?" She sigh, putting her hands on her hips.

"Why did you leave early back at the tower?" I said

She looked at me with no emotion and put her hands on her sides. She looked down for a moment then she look at me again.

"Like I said, 'I had business to do', nothing else. Anything else you want to tell me?" She said

"Danica, listen. I know you and me are not together but why are you acting like this with me?" I said

Nightgirl walked closer to me and looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes.

"I just...." She mumbled a bit ".....miss you."

I looked at her with a shocked expression then she grab me by my neck and pulled me in for a kiss. My eyes widened when she kiss me, then I started sinking in the kiss, slowly wrapping my arms around her waist. The kiss lasted for a minute, then she pulled away.

"I'm...sorry." She whispered, pulled away from me, then she jumped to another rooftop and disappeared from sight.

I stood there shocked when she kissed me. I touched my lips and I grab my grappling hook and I started swinging back to the Batcave.

Nightgirl's POV

'I can't believe I kiss Tim!' I keep thinking to myself of why I did that.

When I got to the balcony, I open the window and sneaked inside. Then the lamp turn on then I looked and it was Jason. He crossed his arms, looking at me with no emotion.

"Where have you been?" He said walking towards me.

"Oh, Nightwing called me and-" He cut me off holding my cheek where Slater gave me a cut.

"Danica, what happen to your cheek?" He said rubbing my cheek where the cut was at.

"Oh," I said "Um....I-uh..."

"Danica, its okay, lets just...fix the cut." He said walking to the bathroom to get the first aid kit then came back a minute later with the first aid kit and brought the stuff out to fix my cheek. After when he fixed my cheek, there was a scar on my cheek now and I put on pjs and Jason and I layed down. I was not falling asleep.

"What wrong, Dani?" Jason said pulling me close to him and I looked at him.

"Oh..um....its nothing. Tomorrow morning I got to go back to the tower. So, I just need some rest and Damian is staying at tower so, good luck on me tomorrow." I smiled

"Okay. I just checked on Diane so I'll watch her tomorrow. Okay?" Jason said

"Okay, thanks, Jase." I smiled kissing his nose

"Your welcome, D." He said and started falling asleep.

I turned my body to the other side and I slowly began falling asleep.

All night I'm nothing but thinking. Tomorrow is another day. I hope tomorrow is better than what just happen today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well now that it has been a hard day on Danica, she thinks tomorrow will be a better day for her. Do you think tomorrow will be a better day for Danica? The next chapter is when Nightgirl goes back to Titans Tower. Enjoy to whatever happens next!!!
-Alyssa💙