Chapter Seven: A Moment

Red Hood/Jason Todd POV

I was asleep so comfortable on the bed with Danica who I still have in my arms, but was interrupted by a baby crying from the baby monitor.

Danica woke up and started getting up from the bed but I pulled her back on the bed. I could tell she was very tired, I want to help her. I've heard so much stuff about her past.

She been through so much, seeing her parents and her oldest brother die, getting kidnapped by an assassin who is Deathstroke, who abused her and her older brother, Christopher, for 10 years, allowed his son, Slater Wilson, to do whatever he wants with her, that bastard, and was targeted by the N.O.W.H.E.R.E.

Danica groaned and tried to get up but I kept putting her on the bed.

"Jason!" She whined, looking at me.

"Danica, what did I tell you? I want to help you on taking care of Diane. Let me take care of this." I said getting off the bed.

"Okay, just call me if you need help with her." Danica said laying back on the bed pulling the covers over herself laying on her side, closing her eyes going back to sleep.

"Don't worry, I'll do fine." I smiled, kissing her head and I started walking to Diane's room.

She was still crying. I went to go get her bottle of milk from the kitchen in the refrigerator first then I put it in the microwave for a minute. After the timer was done, I took the baby bottle out of the microwave and I started shaking the baby bottle of milk while walking to Diane's room.

I took Diane out of her crib and I walked to the rocking chair and I sat down and I gave Diane her bottle and I rocked back and forth from the rocking chair while holding Diane in my arms watching her drink from the bottle. I smiled at Diane when she was drinking her baby bottle.

Danica Grayson POV

When Jason went to go check on Diane, I was just about to go back to sleep, but my phone ring and I checked who it was and it was my dad, Nightwing, texting me.

Dad

Danica, I need you to come to Batcave. Please its urgent.

Danica

I'm on my way.

I sigh and I got out of bed, I put on my uniform and I put on my utility belt and I grab my kitana and put it on my back. I open the window and I went on balcony and closed the window and I grab my grappling hook and I started swinging off to the Batcave.

~Time Skip~

I finally made it to the Batcave. I went inside that cave and looked around to find my dad but no sign of him.

"Nightwing!" I called his name out.

"Nightgirl?" A male voice said from behind me

My eyes widened and turned around and I saw him. Tim Drake. Who is still in his Red Robin uniform.

"Tim!" I yelled whispered. "What are you doing here?" I said in a normal voice, walking up to him, slowly.

"I just got back from my patrol, what are you doing here?" Tim questioned while putting the different type of color, glowing stuff that are inside three of the beakers, on the table.

"Nightwing called me and told me to come to the Batcave that it was urgent." I said looking at one of the beakers with the color blue, showing a little bit of lightning. "What are these?" I said questioning about the beakers.

"These are meta human powers." He said, looking at the beakers, crossing his arms.

"Inside the beakers?" I said, looking at him

"Pretty much." He said, looking at me

We looked at each other for a moment. I just thought it was pretty awkward but to me, it kinda wasn't. For some reason, I keep having a weird feeling in my stomach, but I snapped out of it and broke the silence.

"Um," I said looking back at the beakers, "where did you find these beakers?"

"At Gotham Academy. Someone had these beakers at the science lab." He said, looking at the beakers as well.

"Who?"

"You don't wanna know." He said, in a nervous tone.

"Tim, just tell who had these beakers." I told him

He waited for a moment then spoked.

"Slater." He sighed, looking down.

I stood there in shocked, but mostly scared when he said his name.

Tim Drake POV

When I said his name, Danica stood there in shocked but I could tell she was mostly scared. Her body started shaking and she looked down.

"Danica?" I said

She doesn't respond. She kept looking down at the floor, rubbing her forearm. I shouldn't mentioned Slater, I know him and Danica's relationship. I do, but he didn't treat her how he was suppose to treat her but yet she loved him. But when he killed her best friend, Jack Trackson aka Batboy, that is what ended their relationship, well, more like she ended their relationship.

"Danica, are you okay?" I questioned her while I was walking up to her.

"I-I'm fine." She said, with fake smile which I know its fake.

I hugged her tight. She gasped a little when she found out I was hugging her. She started hugging me back.

I know me and her are not together but at least were still friends. She just been acting kinda weird when me and her were at Titans Tower in the training room when she left early. Don't know why but I just don't want this moment to last.

"Um, am I interrupting anything?"

Me and Danica pulled away really fast and saw Nightwing leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, smiling.

"Um, no dad, I was waiting for you." Danica said

"I know, come on Danica." Dick said

Danica walked pass Dick and started walking to the Batcomputer. Dick looked at me.

"I'm gonna talk to you later." He said, walking up to Danica at the Batcomputer.

I made a confused look and I started observing the meta human powers. I wonder what Dick is gonna tell me.