Chapter Fourteen: Deathstroke vs. Danica Grayson

Danica's Penthouse
Tuesday, March 23, 2018
2:07pm

Danica Grayson POV

I have been trying to contact the Titans for almost an hour. I tried to contact Tim but he didn't answer too. I was still trying to call Cassie but it went to voicemail.

'Hey, this is Cassie. Leave a message and I will get right back to you.'

I sigh and decided giving her a message.

"Um, hey Cassie. I have been trying to call you. Just want to make if anything is alright at the tower. I'm gonna go back to the tower tonight. I'm at mine and Jason's penthouse. He is not home, he took Diane to the Wayne Manor. So I just want to make sure if anything alright and I'll see you and the others tonight. Call me back later when you get this." I said and then I hung up.

I went to contacts on my phone and I press Tim's name. I decided to call him again. I put my phone near my ear and it started ringing. Then he responded.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Tim?" I smiled

"Oh, hey Danica. What's up?"

"I just wanted to know if you have talked to any of the Titans this morning?"

"No, I tried to call Connor but he didn't answer."

I looked out the balcony wondering 'where are they?'

"Okay, um, that's weird."

"Yeah, um, Danica I'm really sorry but I have to go. I'll talk to you later okay." He said

"Wait Tim, I need yo-" He hangs up and I look at my phone.

No One's POV

After when Tim hangs up Danica, Danica started to get scared. It never happens before and now she is starting to get scared.

Suddenly a German Shepherd dog comes out of the room walks to the living room, walks next to Danica. Danica smiles and pets the dog's head.

"Hey boy. Where were you?" She says. "Did Jason feed you?"

The dog bark as it answer her question. Danica smiles and ruffles the dog's head.

"Okay, Shot. As long as he fed you."

The German Shepherd was named Shot, Jason's dog. Jason adopted Shot when he was a puppy 2 years ago.

Shot was nuzzling Danica's leg. Danica smiles and shakes her head.

"Gee, Shot, your so cute. Go back to the room, poppa." She suggested

Shot barked and ran back to the room. Danica sighed and looks back at her phone and frowns.

A figure, out of nowhere, jumps and crashes from the window and kicks Danica from her side. Danica hits the ground and grunts from the pain.

"Well, this must be how Nightgirl feels. It must be a surprise that you are now wondering where the Titans are at."

She look up and it was Deathstroke. Danica get up slowly, holding her stomach.

"What have you done to Robin and the Titans?" She asked, gritting my teeth.

"Don't worry," he said, throwing one of his shirikens at her and she dodge it and he took out his blade and tried to stab her and she dodge it. "I'll take you to them."

She dodge his swings of his blades and he kicks her in the gut and Danica hit the the table and he grabs her and throws her to the kitchen counter. She grunted and Danica glared at him.

"Well, I see Nightwing has made you soft. Let's see if I could make you hard core again." He said pointing his blade at her.

Danica glared at him and gritted my teeth and she grab a kitchen knife and held the knife near her face so he can see it.

"Bring it, Slade." She growled at him

Deathstroke charges Danica and she flips off the counter and Deathstroke hits the counter instead. Danica cuts Deathstroke's neck and he grunts and Danica gets a pot and throws it at him. Deathstroke cuts the pot with his sword and charges at her once again. Her kitchen knife and his blade were clashing against each other. Deathstroke kicks Danica and he grabs her and throws her the table, making her break the table. Danica groans the pain and she looks up and Deathstroke is above her putting his dagger on her neck, drawing a little bit of blood.

"That is too bad. I always thought you were better than this. I don't understand why you left my son." He said

"Because your son was a monster to me and you allowed him to do whatever he wants to me!" Danica yelled

"Well, I guess Slater was trying to teach you lesson. There was one lesson I was going to teach you but you know, instead teaching you, I'll teach the Red Hood instead."

Danica's eyes widened and Shot pounced on Deathstroke getting him off of her. Shot began growling at Deathstroke and walked back to Danica helping her get up. Danica started getting up slowly. Deathstroke gets up and starts loading up his rifle.

"Stupid dog." He said aiming at Shot.

Shot looks at Deathstroke and Danica throws one of her wing dings at Deathstroke, getting his attention.

"Leave. Shot. Alone." She growls

Shot looks at Danica and she points her head towards the balcony, telling Shot to go to the balcony. Shot crawls slowly to the balcony quietly. Deathstroke still has attention to Danica.

Deathstroke laughs and points his rifle at Danica.

"You stupid girl. You are risking your life I see?" He said

"Guess so. Shot jump!" Danica yells and Shot jumps off the balcony and lands perfectly to the ground.

Shot looks up at the balcony and cries. He runs to the Wayne Manor to stay safe. For now.

Danica Grayson POV

When I yelled Shot to jumped off the balcony, I want him to run to the Wayne Manor. Not to get help but to stay safe with Jason.

I look back at Deathstroke and he starts chuckling.

"Wow, Danica. That was a stupid move. I don't see how Nightwing trained you to be so soft or was Red Robin the one." He said

My eyes widened when he thinks Tim was the one that made me gentle.

To be honest, Tim did made me soft but it was for the great or good.

I blinked a couple times and I ran to the balcony.

No One's POV

Danica started running to the balcony and Deathstroke started shooting her with his rifle and she jumps off the balcony.

"Dammit!" He yelled

Danica shoots her grappling hook to the edge of the balcony and she tried to swing herself to another building but Deathstroke walked the hook and he cuts the rope. Danica falls and hits the garbage bin and to the ground. Danica moans and gets up from the ground and looks up at her balcony and sees Deathstroke looking down at her and starts firing at her. Danica runs to her motorcycle and droves off.

"God damn her!" Deathstroke yell

Danica drives to the Wayne Manor and now she knows the Titans are now in trouble and now Jason is.