Chapter Fifteen: Breaking Up

Wayne Manor
Tuesday, March 23, 2018
2:55pm

Danica Grayson POV

After my fight against Deathstroke, I drove my motorcycle to the Wayne Manor. I have to warn Jason that Deathstroke is coming after him but Deathstroke is just targeting the people that are closer to me.

I drove to the driveway and I parked it and I ran to the door of Wayne Manor. I knocked the door and it started opening revealing Alfred Pennyworth. He smiles when he saw me.

"Miss Danica. What a surprise." He said

"Hi, Alfred. Is Jason still here with Diane." I asked feeling a bit studdered.

"Yes, he is in the living room with her." He said opening the door a little wider for me to come in.

"Okay, can I come in?" I asked rubbing my forearm.

"Oh yes, indeed. Come in, Miss Danica." He said

"Thank you." I said coming through the door, running to the living room.

I go to the living and I see Jason playing pick a boo with Diane. She started laughing and she turns her head to look at me and I walked to where they were at. Jason looks at me by surprise.

"Danica? What are you doing here?" He said getting up from the floor, hugging me and I hugged him back and we pulled away.

"I just came to tell you something." I said. "But alone."

Jason looks at me, confused and responded and he looks at Alfred.

"Alfred, can you take Diane with you?" He said

"Yes, Master Jason." Alfred said walking towards Diane, picking her up from the floor and carrying her in his arms and exiting the room.

"What's up, Danica?" Jason said crossing his arms

"Jason...I was attacked." I said

Jason puts arms down to his side and responded.

"W-what? Who attacked you?" He asked checking my arm.

"Deathstroke." I sighed.

"How did he find you?" Jason said

"I don't know but all I know is that he and Deathrider kidnapped the Titans." I said putting his strand of my hair over my ear.

"Do you know when they kidnapped them." Jason said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I don't know, I think last night." I said crossing my arms.

"Okay, so, what are you going to do?" Jason said scratching the back of his neck.

"Well, the only thing I can do is find them." I said looking down at the ground.

Jason walks up to me and his index finger on my chin, making look up at him.

"Danica, I know there are more things you have to tell me. So say it." Jason said

I sighed and I responded

"When I fighting Deathstroke, he told me that he was gonna come after you, but he is only targeting people that closer to me. So I just don't know how to say this...." I said, starting to cry a bit.

"Danica, look at me and just say it. I won't get mad, just tell me what you are gonna tell me." Jason said, in a calm voice.

"I...t-think w-we h-ave to break u-up." I cried.

Jason looked at me like I was crazy.

"What do you mean, we have to break up." Jason said and comes up and wipes my tears with his thumb.

"Jason, it is the only way to protect you." I said holding his hands. "I can't risk losing you or Diane. When I'm gone, I need to watch her. If I don't come b-back, p-please to care of her." I said

"No, no, Danica please don't say that, please don't say that." Jason pleaded holding my hands so tight.

"Jason, calm down, please. We have to break up, okay?" I said cupping his cheeks.

"O-okay." Jason breathe out. "If we are doing this, I still love you and please stay safe when you are out there. Okay?" He said

"I will." I smiled

Jason smiles and kisses me on the lips one last time. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist. We pulled away and I responded.

"I have to go. Please tell Diane that her mommy will be back soon." I chuckled

He chuckles and puts a strand of my hair, behind my ear.

"I will tell her and Dick." He said

I smiled and I hugged Jason really tight and he hugs me back so tight too. We pulled away and I started walking away.

"I'll be back soon." I said

"Okay be safe." He said and Shot comes up next him.

He puts his paw up like he was saying goodbye. I smiled and I waved goodbye. Jason started petting Shot's head and he waved bye at me. I smiled and I open the door and I closed the door.

I went back to my motorcycle and I drove back to the penthouse. I see all the damages and I sigh and I packed some things I need on this trip to find the Titans. When I was done, I drove to Titans Tower and soon when I open the door, I see some damages.

Sounds like Deathstroke and Deathrider gave the Titans one hell of a fight.

"Mistress? Wolf?" I yelled out calling the wolves.

Mistress and Wolf came running out of the training room, crying. Wolf was limping and Mistress had a scratch on her hind leg.

"Guys! Are you wolves okay?" I asked crouching down, petting them, calming them down.

Mistress nuzzle my arm and Wolf lay down.

Wolf was missing Superboy. I understand how much it feels like to miss someone. But you can't change the past. It keeps moving forward.

I get up from my crouching position and put my hand on my hip.

"Okay guys, I'm gonna fix you guys up and we are gonna go on a rescue mission. To save the Titans." I said

I took the wolves to the infirmary room. They were wearing the patch on their leg. They started walking a little and they were ready to go.

I smiled and responded.

"Okay, guys. Let's go save the Teen Titans." I said

I put my bag over my shoulder and I went to my motorcycle. I started the engine and the wolves were by my sides. Mistress on my right and Wolf on my left.  We left the Titans Tower and wolves were running and stayed by my sides.

Now, it time to save the Teen Titans!