Business.°•

1 Week Later»

Jacob

I made my way into class, sitting beside Phiona. Brice, Trizzy, and Nate looked over at me and chucked they heads up. I did it in return as class got started. Mr. Dupri handed out worksheets and suddenly called me up to the front of the classroom.

"Where have you been Mr. Latimore?" he asked me.

"Sick.." I lied.

"You've been gone for the past week. Leaving your partner, Phiona, here to do all of the work." Mr. Dupri explained.

"But-" I was cut from my sentence as we spoke this conversation aloud to the class.

"Mr. Dupri, I haven't been doing the assignments on my own sir. Jay has helped me." I turned to see Phiona speaking.

"Miss Phiona are you sure about that?" Mr. Dupri asked.

"Yes sir." Phiona said. She glanced at me and then back at the teacher. I looked to everyone else to see that they were surprised as I was.

"Better be lucky you had her to save you..go on now." Mr. Dupri said. I made my way back over to Phiona.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked.

"So you wouldn't get in trouble." Phiona said.

"I don't care if I get in trouble." I said.

"Well I do.." Phiona said. "Now I already wrote out what you have to do to complete this assignment. Now just find the themes to each scenario." Phiona explained.

"Man I ain't bout to complete shit." I said slouching back.

"It's easy, please just do it." Phiona begged. Her deep, big brown eyes stared at me.

"Fine." I said giving in. She smiled a bit and gave me a pencil. I began working on it, and completed it within ten minutes. I guess it was easy.

"So where were you really?" Phiona asked.

"Nowhere you should be concerned about shorty." I stated.

"Why?" Phiona asked.

"None of your business." I said sternly.

"Jacob it wasn't somewhere bad was it?" she asked.

"Yo stop calling me that." I said.

"But it's your name." she said.

"Not around here." I said.

"Then where?" she asked.

"Oh my fuckin' god bruh! Stop asking me shit!" I yelled at her.

"I do what I want." she said. I rolled my eyes, aggravated at her. She doesn't know when to stop. And here I was, thinking she was quiet. Turns out, she has more mouth than me.

"You annoying as hell." I said.

"To you." she said.

"Shut up." I said.

"Make me." she said. I turned to her, looking at her. "Do it." she rolled her eyes at me. I shook my head calming down.

Class continued.

°°

The bell rang and everyone walked out of the class. Mr. Dupri walked out as I was still standing in there. Phiona was about to walk out, but I grabbed her jerking her back in.

"What the hell!?" She yelled.

"Look, you are going to stop asking me a hundred questions. I can't stand that shit, go back to being quiet and don't call me Jacob. No one knows that's my real name, so I don't even know how the fuck you found out, but you're gonna keep quiet." I explained. My right hand was placed on her neck, as if I was going to choke her. I wanted to, because of how much she talked but I didn't.