Invincible.°•

Phiona

Jacob and I were finally back at school, for our last week of Junior year. We only had two more days to go and today was one of them. Today in creative writing we were to present our year long project. I was beyond nervous, but I knew with Jacob right beside me that everything would be okay.

Everyone sat quietly in their assigned seats whilst, students went up one at a time and presented their projects. Everybody's was great, but I felt like Jacob and I's message would actually change the minds of our class. I still felt like it wouldn't be enough but something made me believe in us more.

"Nervous?" Jacob asked.

"Sort of. You?" I asked.

"No. We got this babe." Jacob said, kissing my cheek.

"Okay." I said with a small smile.

"Jay-" Mr. Dupri was beginning to say.

"I go by Jacob, Mr. Dupri." Jacob interrupted.

"Oh, wow. Okay then. Well Jacob Latimore and Phiona Rodriguez, it is now your turns to present your year long project." Mr. Dupri explained.

"Yes sir." Jacob and I said in unison.

We both stood up, holding one another's hand while walking. All the while, hearing whispers such as:

'Why are they holding hands?'

'Are they together?'

'I thought they hated each other.'

'A bad boy can't keep a good girl.'

I rolled my eyes at the irritating words spoken from many of my classmates. Jacob and I stood at the front of the classroom. We had nothing with us to present, simply because all we needed was each other, our words, and lastly our hearts.

"Today, Jacob Latimore and I will simply be telling a short story that definitely changed our lives. In which it truly does mean a lot more than just a change to us." I explained.

"Phiona Rodriguez and I were partnered up on the first day of school. Being me, everyone knew that I was somewhat of a bad person and thought I couldn't treat her right. Well, I definitely proved that opinion wrong." Jacob explained.

"He did. After a month or so of being his partner, we found out a lot more about each other. He started gaining more respect for me, as I did the same for him. We had said things to each other, that were cruel." I said.

"After the cruel things were said, we apologized to each other. Soon, I had gotten into some trouble in which it got my best friend, Trézelle Rey, killed. May he rest in peace." Jacob said.

"Before Tré died, I made a promise to him. The promise was to watch after Jacob and keep him safe from everyone especially the other friends that are now deceased as well. Brice and Nate, both." I explained.

"When I found out that Phiona needed help, I went to where she lived one day. She was part of a foster family, who were struggling. At least a month ago, Phiona's foster mother had died and I made a promise before she passed away as well." Jacob explained.

"Jacob's promise to my foster mother was to always be here and protect me." I said.

"And I'm doing just that. After two months of being around Phiona, I found myself taking a liking to her. A simple crush was how it all started out." Jacob said.

"I also found myself liking Jacob too, soon I helped him out and let him live us. We took care of my foster siblings together and soon began dating." I explained.