Apologize.°•

Phiona

I sat on the swings in the park with April, wiping my tears away. I told her last night, it wasn't like that between Jacob and I. Now look what happens. I get pushed into a damn wall, because I'm concerned. Because I want to help. Because he wants to be selfish.

I sniffed looking up into the grey, cloudy sky. Can life with him get any better or only worse? Another tear shot down my cheek, I just couldn't stop crying. He pushed me, hard and my head hurts so I don't even know why I'm out right now. I just needed to get away. I gently kicked the multicolored brown of small rocks as I swung.

"Your head still hurting Phi?" April asked.

"Yeah." I sniffled.

"I'm sorry..but I kind of listened to your guy's argument." April mentioned.

"You what!? What did Mama Claudia tell you about eaves dropping?" I asked, sternly.

"I said sorry Phiona, I was only listening to help later on." April exclaimed.

"Okay. Okay, I'm sorry for raising my voice. What all did you hear?" I asked.

"About the Nate guy.." April dragged off.

"Oh." I simply said.

"It's obvious the nigga ain't got no game but-" I cut her off.

"And what I tell you about cussing?" I asked shaking my head.

"Sorry again." April said.

"Apology accepted, continue on." I said.

"Like I said, it's obvious he ain't got no game. He wants you, but he won't let you know that because he's scared of rejection and isn't used to love." April explained.

"You know a heck of a lot for a twelve year old." I said.

"Well, I watch 'soap operas' with Mama Claudia everyday at eleven in the morning to twelve thirty in the evening." April explained.

"Ain't you a little too young- uh never mind. Anyways, what to do next?" I asked.

"Get him to confess his feelings." April said.

"April. That is not going to work." I sang, twisting in my swing.

"Tuh, try." April said.

"How? I know nothing about relationships and you know that." I stated.

"Did I just hear the word relationship come out of your mouth?" April smirked.

"Ugh April, not like that!" I exclaimed, annoyed at her evil smirk plastered on her face.

"Whatever you say, but what I would do is approach him first...he didn't need to put his hands on you." April said.

"Approach him by doing what?" I asked.

"Ask him, why he pushed you. That always allows 'em to tell the complete truth." April said.

"I don't want another argument or to get hit again April, but I think I'll try." I said.

"Yay! Jacob and Phiona sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g! First comes love! Second comes marriage-" I cut her off again.

"April, shut that mess up." I commanded. She chuckled and got up from her swing. I shook my head and followed her as we made our way back to the apartment complex.

April and I have come so close over the years. When we first met, I was thirteen and she was eight. She didn't like me at first, but soon got along with me after one night. One night, she had a nightmare about her parents. I comforted her and every since then, she has called me a good sister.