Battlefield.°•

Jacob

My eyes slowly opened as I breathed deeply. I looked around, everything so real and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was finally safe for once in my life. I felt a soft force on top of me, I looked down to see Phiona laying there on me.

Her eyes closed lightly as her long, black eyelashes showed the beauty in her face. She breathed softly. Her small yet soft hands clutched on to my arms as she laid their sleeping. My arms were softly rested around her back.

I slightly smiled at the sight. I liked us like this. I gently kissed her forehead and laid my head back on the pillow. I softly rubbed her back as I looked at her. I think I truly found love within her. Never in a day would I have thought I'd be falling in love with someone such as her.

It's like yesterday we were just at school and I was being so cruel to her as she sat there quietly. Until she finally stood up to me is when my mind started changing. I really had a change of heart towards her. Lost a few friends, all out of love. But it's not her fault. It's my own.

Losing friends is hard, but I'm being given a chance to love. To love someone different. She's book smart and all that. I'm street smart, because that's where I've been mostly. A nerd, is what they called her which I don't respect anymore.

I rather call her a beauty. That's what she is, in my eyes and I feel it in my heart.

"Mm.." I heard Phiona groan as she moved about, a bit. I still held her as she made herself comfortable on to me again.

My stomach dropped with every movement, making me nervous. I looked down as she did so and her eyes began to open. My heart raced. She rubbed her eyes and her face and slightly looked up at me, then laid her head back down on my chest. Scooting herself up on me a bit, her head now rested near my neck and on my shoulder.

"Good m-morning." I stuttered.

"Good morning." Phiona said in a sleepy voice, yet it was so angelic.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Better, what about you?" Phiona asked.

"Way better." I said, now that you're here with me. I thought to myself.

"Jacob.." Phiona said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I never meant to start a war, you should know that I never want to hurt you." Phiona explained.

"Well sometimes love just feels like a battlefield doesn't it?" I asked.

"Sometimes, it's always... don't even know what we were fighting for." Phiona said.

"Neither do I." I said.

"We should try the opposite." Phiona said.

"Which is?" I asked. I knew the answer but I just want to hear her say the word.

"We should try loving each other." Phiona said. My heart smiled and raced at the words she said.

"I agree." I said looking down at her. She looked up at me, I could feel her chest heave against mine. She was as nervous as I was.

I took her hands in mine and interlocked our fingers through one another, which brought her closer to me. We both leaned to each other. Our lips met, creating a warm sensation upon both of us.

Our lips moved in unison, giving me butterflies. I let go of her hands and placed my hands around her lower back. Where she let her hands rest upon my chest. The kiss only deepened more and more, and feeling the moment I slid my tongue into her mouth.