Miserable.°•

Phiona

I silently sit in creative writing class staring at the curly red headed girl's hair in front of me again. It has been a complete two months and nothing is the same. He hasn't came to school at all. Everyday, I wonder if he's alright or not. I'm slowly getting over him but at the same time, I'm just missing him more and more. I'm pretty sure he has moved on and forgot about me. I know it's my fault for us breaking up in the first place. I can't change that. There's absolutely nothing I can do to fix it. I've only brought loneliness upon myself.

Since then, I've been working a lot more and Mama Claudia has gotten worse. She can only lay in bed all day, so it is hard for me to stay focused in school. That women means everything to me and I'm not sure if I'm ready to lose her. The only one that I knew would comfort me was him. Now, I don't have him anymore. As I continued sitting there, I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts. Standing in front of me was the curly red headed girl. She flashed a big, bright white smile my way. She was beyond gorgeous.

"Hey Phiona." she said, sweetly.

"Hi." I said, shyly.

"I know we don't talk much, but my name is Danielle." she said.

"Oh, beautiful name." I said.

"Thank you doll." Danielle smiled. She came over and sat next to me. "So I see your boyfriend hasn't came to school in two months. Where is he hun?" Danielle asked.

"I'm sorry you're unaware, but we're not together anymore. I don't know where he could possibly be actually." I explained.

"Oh. I'm so sorry." Danielle slightly gasped.

"It's fine." I said, softly and slightly putting my head down.

"Nuh uh girl, don't do that. Lift that beautiful face of yours back up." Danielle said. Her hand touched my chin and lifted my head back up, turning towards her. She moved my jet black curls from my face and sent me a warm smile. I softly smiled back.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem love. So how are you hanging in there? Staying strong?" Danielle asked me.

"I'm trying." I said.

"Good, because any boy should be happy to have you." Danielle said.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome, and I have a question to ask you by the way." Danielle said.

"Go for it." I said.

"You're a dancer, aren't you?" Danielle asked.

"Yeah.. how did you know?" I asked.

"I saw you at the carnival back in October. You were on the dancing games, with another girl." Danielle explained.

"Oh, yeah.. and that was my little foster sister, April." I said.

"That's really sweet. Well, I'd like to know if you'll be apart of the school's dance team?" Danielle asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I don't think that's for me Danielle. I have way too much on my hands." I explained.

"But love, you're an amazing dancer! Please, just think about it?" Danielle asked.

"Okay, I will... thanks for the offer." I said.

"No problem. You're a true sweetheart Phiona, I hope we can hang out some time soon." Danielle explained.

"Thank you and so are you." I smiled.

"And your smile is beautiful." Danielle said.

"Thanks." I giggled. She laughed along with me and continued to sit there. We talked for a little while actually, I'd say we had become good friends by the end of the hour. I had smiled more with her today than I did in these past couple of months. It felt good to actually have a friend.