Lonely.°•

Phiona

Jacob and I sit at school in our assigned seats for creative writing class. As I look around, I look to the back corner to see Nate sitting by himself. His partner for the year long project is no longer here and he looks upset.

"Who are you looking at?" Jacob voice asks me, catching my attention.

"Nate.." I silently say.

"Oh." Jacob says. "How's he lookin'?" Jacob asked.

"He looks upset." I said.

"Well of course he does, he has no partner anymore." Jacob said.

"I'm a go talk to him." I said, standing. Jacob aggressively grabbed my arm. "Ouch." I said.

"Why?" Jacob asked.

"Because I'm nice." I said shyly. My heartbeat was at a high, Jacob let go of me. I began walking to the back of the classroom, thinking why Jacob did that.

I slightly rubbed my arm, as I felt it burn a bit. I arrived at Nate's table and sat next to him. He was paying me no mind, like everyone else in the world did.

"Hi." I said nicely. His head turned to me so quick, I thought he about broke his neck.

"What's up?" Nate asked.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine, what's it to you?" Nate asked, coldly. I thought he was the nice one.

"Just wondering." I said.

"Well don't worry, I'm all good." Nate said.

"Okay, talk to you later Nate." I slightly smiled.

He smiled back. "Call me, Nathaniel." he said.

"Nathaniel?" I asked.

"Yeah, they just call me Nate for short." he explained.

"Well okay, Nathaniel." I shyly smiled and made my way back over to my seat.

"Call me, Nathaniel." Jacob mocked.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"Nothing." Jacob responded.

My eyebrows came together in a confused matter. Why is he acting this way all of a sudden? I didn't want to start an argument so I continued on to pay attention.

Soon, towards the end of class we turned our assignments in as always. I was walking back to my seat, when I bumped into somebody.

"S-Sorry." he stuttered, hands a hold of my waist. I looked up to be facing, Nate.

"It's okay." I said. He slightly loosened his grip, and I slipped out of his hold going back over to Jacob.

"What in the hell was that?!" Jacob asked when I got back over to him.

"What?" I asked.

"Nate." he said sternly.

"We accidentally ran into each other, chill." I said. He rolled his eyes and the bell rang. He immediately walked out of class.

I tried following behind him, but by the time I made it out into the hallway he was gone. Great. A thought ran in my head... was he just jealous?

°°

I was now at home, still waiting up on Jacob to get back. I haven't seen him since this morning at school, so of course I was worried. As I sat in my room, April decided to come in.