Sorry.°•

Phiona

When I woke up, I didn't feel Jacob beside me. I was sleeping in my own bed but I had a nightmare and got scared. So I laid beside him and I felt safe like no other. I suddenly felt a poke to my face. I looked to see that a folded piece of paper was on the pillow. I took it and opened it.

It read:

-

Phiona,

I had to go this morning and I didn't just want to up and leave without no explanation after what you've done for me. I got business to take care of so I'll see you later. Thank you.

                 Sincerely, Jay...uhm Jacob.

-

I closed the note mesmerized. He actually called himself Jacob. For me. I wondered where he had to go, but I wasn't going to ask. I just prayed that he was safe. I remembered that I had to go to work this morning.

I got up and got ready and then I left the apartment. As I walked to the grocery store, for some reason I didn't feel safe at all. I looked around, but saw no one. I felt like someone was watching, but I knew it wasn't Jacob because I know what his stare feels like. I shook the feeling and finally arrived at the store. I went to the back and put my work clothes on and came back out.

I needed to make some more money, but I knew my boss wasn't going to give me a raise. She was full of shit anyways and all she cares about is herself. All I wanted was to feed Mama Claudia and the kids more. I know I haven't eaten in a week or so but I didn't care about that right now, I just wanted them to be okay.

I was in the middle of my shift at the cashier station when all of a sudden, one of Jacob's friends came up to me. Brice. I hated him.

"Wassup oger." he said. I ignored his rude ass comment and rung up his items. "Oh okay then." he said. I rolled my eyes.

"$34.87 please." I said holding out my hand to take his money.

"Damn. That's hella too much. How bout I give you five and a kiss." Brice winked.

"No."I responded crossing my arms.

"Come on girl." he said leaning over the counter.

"Brice give me the money, and get to steppin' I don't have time for you." I said.

"Oh, but you got time for Jay." he said.

"He's my partner for class." I said.

"I'd watch him if I were you, kid be in all kinda shit."Brice explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. I uncrossed my arms.

"Just between me and you, he's in deep shit with his boss because he didn't do his job correctly." Brice whispered. In my head I was scared, and in my heart worry came.

"Whatever Brice, pay for your items and leave." I said. I answered him in a different way to show that I didn't care, but on the inside I cared deeply.

"Here fat ass." Brice said.

"Fuck you." I said.

"When?" he asked biting his lip. I rolled my eyes and flipped him off. "Okay then." he said. He took his things and left.

I stood there only thinking about Jacob, what if he was getting hurt right now. I don't know, there's something wrong about Brice. I don't trust that nappy headed nigga. Why would he tell me something like that about his friend? Obviously he is not the friend to trust at all, no wonder Jacob is closer to Tré. They are almost like brothers.