Murderer.°•

Phiona

We were in school, sitting in creative writing class. Another student gone, from violence. A bullet to his chest. Funny how Jacob is involved in the mix as well. I'm practically sitting next to a murderer. It was done for me, but something else has gotta give. I need more explanation than what I'm getting. I'm only trying to survive through high school and get enough money to help out. But it seems as if every since Jacob has came into my life, it has been complete chaos. I'm not sure if I can handle it, or if I can handle him.

The teacher handed us our assignment as always. I work quietly, not saying a word to anybody. I can feel Jacob's eyes on me, he's probably confused as to why I'm not talking. I look to the corner of my eye then, to see him with his head down.

"Jacob?" I asked softly.

"What?" he asked.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"It won't matter to you anyways." he said. "Don't worry about it." he spoke quietly.

I sighed and turned back to my direction. Someone is going to have to explain this nonsense to me. I don't get it. I finish the assignment and turn it in. I sit back down and Jacob pays me no mind. It feels like the first day. I don't feel important at all... again.

We sit in silence. I feel like the most terrible person on the planet for treating him like dirt. I just want to understand why he cares about me so much now. My feelings for him I can explain vaguely, but there's something else there. I know Mama Claudia sees it, but I don't know how to describe it. Mama Claudia is a smart experienced woman, hopefully she can read me and him.

"Are you mad at me?" Jacob suddenly asked.

"I don't know." I said plainly.

"You hate me don't you?" Jacob asked.

"I never said that." I said.

"Well you show it." he responded.

"Maybe I'm just scared." I said. I stared ahead of me, not wanting to look at him.

"Of what?" Jacob asked.

"You." I said. I looked down at my hands, which were placed in my lap.

"Why?" Jacob asked.

"You pretty much murdered someone." I said.

"You're calling me a murderer?" Jacob asked. I slowly nodded my head. "I'm far from it Phiona, that was one person." Jacob explained.

I tensed up as he talked.

"Damn. I'm not shit, if that's all you think I am now. I try to help because I care and you don't see it. I'm afraid you never will. Man I'm leaving." Jacob explained and stood from his seat. He walked out of the classroom.

Tears went down my face as I continued sitting there. I laid my head down and cried into my arms. What a terrible soul I have become if I won't even give him the smallest of a chance. But why should I? Oh wait... It's because I think what I'm feeling is, love.

°°

I arrived home to see Jacob walking out of the kitchen. He looked frustrated and upset. He didn't even look at me when I walked in though. He only walked down the hall to my room, I guess. I set my things down.

"Phiona! Get in here!" Mama Claudia yelled from the kitchen. She sounded beyond pissed. I slowly walked in and she stood there with her arms crossed.

"Yes ma'am?" I asked.

"Nija how dare you call that boy something so cold such as a murderer. Do you have any idea how bad you have hurt his feelings?" Mama Claudia explained.