Consequence.°•

Jacob

Everything is completely different now. Many more things are about to be changed more than ever before. No one is going to control me or run over me. I have someone to live for and need to protect now. If I leave, I'll just be like the other people who have left her. No good fuck ups. I've made plans for any and everything. I'm very well prepared.

Currently I was roaming the streets, talking to some of the crooks I used to talk to before leaving Ramon. They were telling me all kinds of shit. I didn't believe none of it, but one thing in particular stood out to me. About Brice. Nate said that Brice was going after me all along, and that he knows I care about Phiona so he hurt her to see what I'd do. Brice is a complete bitch. He doesn't know me like Tré did, and Nate does. He won't know what's going to be coming for him.

I walked to Nate's destination.

"Wassup Jay." Nate said dapping me. Nobody knew my actual name except for Phiona, so I had to accept everyone else still calling me Jay.

"Nothing, any other word on Brice?" I asked.

"Nah, nothing yet." Nate said.

"I'll wait then." I said taking a seat.

"Jay, how's Phiona?" Nate asked.

"She's doing better, she's going back to her old self." I explained.

"That's good to hear then." Nate said. I just nodded my head.

All I could think about was my revenge against Brice. He was never true in the first place. That's what Tré always told me. He said never hold your hand out to anybody. I've kept them words in my head since I was fourteen. I've never done nothing for nobody, because I never gave a fuck. He also told me something else if you truly care, then help. One more thing as well learn to love, and teach others how to love if no one else will. And I'm doing exactly those things.

Somethings gotta give in this cruel ass society. I hate it.

°°

I began walking back to the apartment complex. I arrived in to see Phiona and Mama Claudia sitting on the couch. Phiona had something in her hand.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Jacob, I took a test and the results came back negative." Phiona said.

"Wait..what?" I asked.

"I'm not pregnant." Phiona said.

I rubbed my face. This was too much at the moment, but I know I gotta stick to my word. I'm a be here for her all throughout everything. I walked towards her and hugged her.

She actually hugged back this time.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay Jacob." Phiona said.

"I'll be here and I'm sticking to my word." I said. Her head rested on my shoulder as I continued to hold her.

"All it is now is just a memory." Phiona said.

"Yeah, but you shouldn't have suffered through it in the first place, but I'll tell you what. Brice, will have to suffer the consequence." I explained.

"Jacob, you aren't gonna do anything stupid are you?" Phiona asked.

"I got it." I said standing up.

"Jacob no." Phiona said grabbing my arm.

"Nija." Mama Claudia spoke in Spanish to Phiona. Phiona looked to her and then back at me. She let go of my arm with a saddened face.