Overboard.°•

Jacob

I walked through the halls of school, all eyes on me. Everyone knew about Tré and they were all starting to get over it. It was still hard for me though. As I walked I noticed a short, curvy, curly haired girl. I knew that figure and appearance anywhere. Phiona. I somewhat ran up behind her, putting a hand to her lower back. She jumped, turning around to face me.

"Oh. Hey Jacob, you scared me." Phiona said.

"Sorry bout that." I responded.

"Did you need something?" Phiona asked.

"N-no.. I just.." I cut myself off not knowing exactly what to say.

"Just what?" Phiona asked as she got her journal out of her locker for creative writing.

"Uhm.. n-nothing." I stuttered.

"Oh, okay then. Well aren't you supposed to be with Brice, Nate, and T-... I mean..uhm.." Phiona explained stopping in between her words, not finishing the sentence.

"It's okay." I said knowing that she was trying to fix her sentence. She sighed and put her head down. She turned away from me and began heading down the hallway.

"Wait!" I called out, running up to her. She stopped in her tracks turning back around.

"Yeah?" she asked softly.

"I know you didn't mean to, it's okay Phiona." I said looking down at her.

"I'm sorry, I'm just use to him being around and now he's gone." Phiona explained looking up at me.

"I know, I am too. But I know we both can somehow make it through this." I said.

"Really think so?" she asked.

"Yeah.." I said softly. I found myself lost in her eyes. She shyly smiled. "Should we go to class now?" I asked. She nodded her head, so we began walking to creative writing.

As I walked beside her, the closer I got I had a feeling nervousness inside of me. I don't know what it means though. It only happens around her too. Soon, we found ourselves at the door of the classroom. We both were about to go through the door when all of a sudden...

"Go ahead.." I said softly to Phiona. She walked in, and accidentally rubbed her arm against me. My heart raced at her touch. I followed behind her and we went to our seats.

I took a breather before I sat down next to her. I was not acting like myself at all. A feeling like this has never come into my life so randomly. It's so sudden, and it's getting deeper. Class began and Mr. Dupri handed out an assignment for all partners to do together. It was like this 'getting to know one another' game. It was only a month or so into school anyways. And, I feel as if that I'm going to find this game interesting.

"First question, when is your birthday?" Phiona asked.

"August tenth." I responded. "You?" I asked.

"October twelfth." she shyly said. As we did this, we had to write down the facts about each other and keep them.

"Next question, favorite color?" I asked.

"Purple, and you?" Phiona asked.

"Red..and blue I guess." I shrugged.

"Hmm.. interesting. Want to know a cool fact, I somewhat thought of myself?" Phiona asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Your favorite colors are red and blue, if you mix those together they make purple, my favorite color. Purple is the color of blood before it is exposed to the air and then it turns to red. The veins are blue, you see, and blood flows through them... going to your heart...and many say the color red  represents...love." Phiona explained.